Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the right gain for JR770T with Hyperion rudder servo(0.05s)for Mini Titan?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the right gain for JR770T with Hyperion rudder servo(0.05s)for Mini Titan?

What's the right gain for JR770T pair with Hyperion rudder servo(0.05s) which is fix on Mini Titan? Tail keep on wagging whenever i power up despite the gain adjustment. Don't know what's wrong with it? Need advice from heli flyers.
    今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
    不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
    长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
    Too much $$$ fly fly fly, Little $$$ less fly, No $$$ see people fly, Save $$$ buy and fly.
    If you take care of your heli, your heli will take care of your pocket.
    Be gentle with your heli so that your heli will be gentle with your pocket.
    Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
    Outrage Fusion 50 (FBL)12's
    Outrage 550 (FB)6's
    Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
    Compass Model Warp 360 (FBL)6's
    Trex 500 (FB)6's

1) Gain settings are not consistent amongst all helis
    2) Are you running governer mode ?
    3) IF needed , did you setup in rate mode.....
    Helis
    Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Try to put the rudder linkage on the most inner of servo horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic
        1) Gain settings are not consistent amongst all helis
        2) Are you running governer mode ?
        3) IF needed , did you setup in rate mode.....
        Normal mode, not governor mode.
        今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
        不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
        长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
        Too much $$$ fly fly fly, Little $$$ less fly, No $$$ see people fly, Save $$$ buy and fly.
        Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
        Outrage 550 (FB)6's
        Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
        Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

Hi, I am using JR G770T with 9257. It works and holds better than my Futaba401.
          You must remember, the setup has to be these. I studied it for quite a while in HeliFreak and RunRyder and got it to work this well.
          - End-Point-Adjustment has to be Max. Mine is +110 & -110 for MPX TX
          - Dual Rates at 50%, as recommended by the forumers.
          - Exponential at 40%, as recommended by the forumers.

Hope it helps. The setup 401 and JRG770T is entirely different as what I experience. I tried using the EPA to adjust without using Dual Rates and Exponential, the results is disasterous....

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
            Hi, I am using JR G770T with 9257. It works and holds better than my Futaba401.
            You must remember, the setup has to be these. I studied it for quite a while in HeliFreak and RunRyder and got it to work this well.
            - End-Point-Adjustment has to be Max. Mine is +110 & -110 for MPX TX
            - Dual Rates at 50%, as recommended by the forumers.
            - Exponential at 40%, as recommended by the forumers.

Hope it helps. The setup 401 and JRG770T is entirely different as what I experience. I tried using the EPA to adjust without using Dual Rates and Exponential, the results is disasterous....
            Thanks for the info. But will it work on this combination JR770T and Hyperion DS-20-GMD. I will try again later in the late afternoon.
            今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
            不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
            长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
            Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
            Outrage 550 (FB)6's
            Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
            Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

Got a hunch it should work. Just make sure if your servo is a digital, the setting on Gyro should be on High, check the manual in case I'm wrong.

All servos function more or less the same. Its the setting on the Gyro that makes the difference.

Once you've set it up nicely, you'll have no regrets
              Now my Mini Titan's tail won't even wag when there is drop in headspeed while banging the collective

Comment

Funny thing is that my D/R is also 50% and Expo is 35% but I still have full travel on my rudder. Gyro sense is 61% at idle up. Don't use the set-up procedure for GY401 with this gyro is entirely different. This gyro uses D/R to control piro rate whereas GY401 uses ATV or end point. When you increase the gain the piro rate will be slower so set to the values you're comfortable with and have fun.
                Align TREX 600 N Pro With Skookum 720
                Align TREX 500 With TT GT5 FB
                HK 600 GT With EC 145 Fuselage Flying On Turnigy VBar 600
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah forgot to thank gilera180 for sparking my search for the settings. If not till now I'll still be having wrong setting
                  Btw my Gyro gain is about 28% for head hold
                  Do update us on your testing results

Comment

Bros.

Still cannot. Whenever power up or power down the tail still wagged. Don't know what's wrong. Wondering if there's anything wrong with the Hyperion metal digital servo 0.05s or the JR770T Gyro. Another problem is that sometime the tail pitch control set cannot travel full to one of the end point as a result the tail keep on spinning regardless of input control to the right to counter it but still in vain. After that i checked it out and realised that whenever the tail spin it can't slide to the other end and whenever it is slow down it can. Still investigating what's wrong with the full metal tail? For your info plastic tail doesn't give me any problem with the combination of Futaba 240 and Airtecnic servo 0.12s until recently I've upgraded it to metal tail with the combination of Hyperion metal digital servo 0.05s and the JR770T Gyro. Spektrum TX setting: (ATV:150 left and right)(Auto, Gain:53, Expo:40, D/R:50, LMT:Full, Servo outputow}. Thought of getting a Futaba servo and try it again. Please advice.
                    今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
                    不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
                    长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
                    Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
                    Outrage 550 (FB)6's
                    Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
                    Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

Worth a try to change the servo. For Trex500 I'm using 9254. Smaller than this size I'm on 9257. But you can use 9257 on Trex500 though. Mine is alittle overkill
                      Have faith mate

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
                        Worth a try to change the servo. For Trex500 I'm using 9254. Smaller than this size I'm on 9257. But you can use 9257 on Trex500 though. Mine is alittle overkill
                        Have faith mate
                        Well no choice but to spend money again on either JR8900 or Futaba 9257 tail servo. One time heart pain and try to earn $$$ back later. Will try again later in the evening.
                        今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
                        不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
                        长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
                        Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
                        Outrage 550 (FB)6's
                        Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
                        Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

Originally posted by Radio man
                          Bros.

Still cannot. Whenever power up or power down the tail still wagged. Don't know what's wrong. Wondering if there's anything wrong with the Hyperion metal digital servo 0.05s or the JR770T Gyro. Another problem is that sometime the tail pitch control set cannot travel full to one of the end point as a result the tail keep on spinning regardless of input control to the right to counter it but still in vain. After that i checked it out and realised that whenever the tail spin it can't slide to the other end and whenever it is slow down it can. Still investigating what's wrong with the full metal tail? For your info plastic tail doesn't give me any problem with the combination of Futaba 240 and Airtecnic servo 0.12s until recently I've upgraded it to metal tail with the combination of Hyperion metal digital servo 0.05s and the JR770T Gyro. Spektrum TX setting: (ATV:150 left and right)(Auto, Gain:53, Expo:40, D/R:50, LMT:Full, Servo outputow}. Thought of getting a Futaba servo and try it again. Please advice.
                          Hi.... have you tried changing the gyro output direction? There is a switch on the Gyro that allows you to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by erwinseow
                            Hi.... have you tried changing the gyro output direction? There is a switch on the Gyro that allows you to do so.
                            Did so but still cannot.
                            今天不努力工作,明天努力找工做。
                            不在乎天长地久,只在乎曾经拥有。
                            长痛不如短痛,短痛不如不痛。
                            Alees Rush 750 (FBL)12s
                            Outrage 550 (FB)6's
                            Outrage G5 (FBL)6's
                            Trex 500 (FB)6's

Comment

Radioman,

what spektrum TX are u using?

are u using that "gyro sensing" function? i suggest NOT to use that. just use a single channel and purely EPA to adjust the gyro gain. use the flip switch to change between head holding and rate mode.

i have 2 JR770s and both work perfectly.

drop by anywhere that got funfly and get some help. easier than trying to diagnose your problem over internet.

good luck!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

Working...
                              X