Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trex 700

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TmMugen
    replied
    Vibe 50 is not a problem. still running in the engine.

    But trex700 might be an issue. I do not like the linkage so probably not flying it. Plus I have two option now: use the 611 with BLS251 or just mount the 770 with the 8900.

    Problem is now I do not know how to set the 611 plus there is too many electronics to mount on the radio..

    Originally posted by bluemoscow View Post
    Ons. Although I have nothing to fly tomr. Extreme waiting for parts

    Sold almost everything to fund for the T700.


    Die die must see Roger's Vibe and T700.


    Wei Yao pickup at 8am tomr.

    Leave a comment:


  • boo_saa
    replied
    Originally posted by TmMugen View Post
    Hey by the way I found a kick butt canopy that totally changed the shape of the trex 700..the one that comes with it looks nice too but this is really killer.

    wow nice canopy.....Wonder if there is one for the 600N

    Leave a comment:


  • bluemoscow
    replied
    Ons. Although I have nothing to fly tomr. Extreme waiting for parts

    Sold almost everything to fund for the T700.


    Die die must see Roger's Vibe and T700.


    Wei Yao pickup at 8am tomr.

    Leave a comment:


  • lu wei yao
    replied
    Tmr on?
    If you on, i on.

    Thanx!

    Leave a comment:


  • TmMugen
    replied
    One tip for thread the tail push rod to the carbon rod. Use a drill to hold the metal push rod and drill it into the carbon rod. wala..!!

    One point to take note: the tail rod (tail case) is not completely parallel with the swash if you take the guide hole in the tail case.

    Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
    The 50size canopy is too small to fit properly, but I suppose the 90size one should.

    TmMugen, how far are you already in your build? Are you able to thread the tail push rod into the carbon rod? Your canopy fits w/o any issue?

    Leave a comment:


  • TmMugen
    replied
    Almost done. Setting the swashplate to level is hard work. Canopy not fitted yet so dun know if it is a good fit.

    Will post some pics once done.

    Leave a comment:


  • baby_zyklon
    replied
    The 50size canopy is too small to fit properly, but I suppose the 90size one should.

    TmMugen, how far are you already in your build? Are you able to thread the tail push rod into the carbon rod? Your canopy fits w/o any issue?

    Leave a comment:


  • tucfaz
    replied
    You mean the raptor canopy actually fits he 700?

    Leave a comment:


  • baby_zyklon
    replied
    Servos installation/CCPM mixer arms
    Elevator servo mount required a bit of cutting to clear the wires. The linkage rod length in the manual for the aileron and pitch mixer arm to swash is a few turns too short. I increased it so that the swash is flat when everything is centered. I am getting 0.5 degree pitch at 50% pitch curve, -14 at 0% and +13 at 85%. Will need some more adjustment when I really have time. For now I suppose it should work for maiden. Pitch mixing % on my radio is 45%, is it a bit too low?
    The control shaft on the ccpm mixer required 2 shim. After pulling and playing around, the main shaft also reqired shimming, just the thinest one got it tight. Suprisingly, I did not have the problem of "thinnest shim being too thick" issue that a lot are having.
    Ino-lab 760 for cyclic, BLS251 for tail and hitec 325 for throttle as I am too lazy to pull out the 9254 from the raptor.





    Boom slotted in. The torque required a lot of oil and force to get it moving into the tail boom. I made the mistake of securing the tail mount case to the main frame before putting in the boom. Boom support and fin mounting was also pretty straight forward. It is not quite as small as some have put it to be. It is actually still pretty big compared to the raptor.




    Muffler mounted


    Just some tips for anyone building one now. Do the throttle servo linkages before mounting the muffler. Use the lower fuel line hole if you are using a YS, the top one is blocked by the regulator. Mount the elevator servo arm BEFORE mounting the whole assembly onto the heli. Mount the regulator switch before putting the frame halfs together.

    All had been smooth sailing, but when I reached the canopy and tail control rod part...there are some tolerance/alignment problems. Not sure if its my fault or manufacture issue...will see if I can sort them out before posting.

    BUT ANYWAY FOR RAPTOR LOVERS...

    Leave a comment:


  • baby_zyklon
    replied
    Governor sensor
    Used the tj pro 30/50 mount and had to cut it down quite a lot. Not sure if my sensor is going to hold up under this type of mounting method. Only time will tell. Spacer was required to space the sensor out from the frame.




    Very bare main frame.
    Only complain here is that the holes in the carbon frames are not very well cleaned. The rest fit very well and al was square on first attempt. The manual assumed that nobody will run a battery switch, but I do. Only after building the whole heli then I realise you should put the switch in BEFORE building the frame.


    Tail Assembly
    I opted to use the metal boom.
    Not sure how much the tail case should clamp on the boom, but on mine, if you tighten it down too much, it bends the tail fin. Photo shown w/o tail fin mounted.
    Tail case did not require any assembly and tail grip/hub was VERY VERY well loctited.
    The tube torque gear in the main frame appears to be just held on by a pin. Not sure if it will fly out like in the raptor 90. Hopefully not.



    Engine/Fan hub
    Again, no drama here. The prop nut required a long reach socket. Everything went on just nicely as it should. Fan hub is pushed in, then clamp on with two set screws. Everything fell in VERY nicely. Zero adjustment was required, but it better be, because there doesn't appear to be any room for adjustment in this kit.



    Leave a comment:


  • tucfaz
    replied
    Cool.. Do let us know how it perform.. Better still keep us posted on your maiden.. so that we can go kapo a bit..

    Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
    91SR with MP5. Got them 3months back.

    Rotor just got the 91HZ in...might be worth looking at.

    Leave a comment:


  • baby_zyklon
    replied
    Originally posted by tucfaz View Post
    Baby.. What engine will you be using for the 700?
    91SR with MP5. Got them 3months back.

    Rotor just got the 91HZ in...might be worth looking at.

    Leave a comment:


  • tucfaz
    replied
    Baby.. What engine will you be using for the 700?

    Leave a comment:


  • baby_zyklon
    replied
    BTW, I fly at bukit panjang.

    Leave a comment:


  • baby_zyklon
    replied
    I am a full time student...go sch at 10, back home by 5.30, the rest of the time sitting in front of the kit

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X