Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(shareing) Lesson learn on mini T

i had just bought a new Futaba 401 gyro and 9257 servo on last wed and mounted my gyro on top of the body. At first i was so happy to put the new item on my mini t and went to do test flight to see how well the tail hold and i found it was a really good gyro but still need a little bit of small adjustment. Then on sunday i went to fly again to test on the tail and did some adjustment.

i flew 5 battery and this time come my 6 battery to fly and this was the most up sad flight. during the flight i did a inverted and tip top, then after a 2min plus flight, i decided to hover my heli at around 1.5m height( 2.5 m away form me) and i did a tail piro to see how well the tail is. suddenly the piro was so fast that u cant even see the tail and by the time i stop, the heli was heading toward me, and my brain freezed for a sec and at that moment i lost my sense of control. for safety result, i immidately put my throttle to 0 and i crash my heli on to the ground.

and the best part was my 2 day old gyro got smash and it never work again.

CAUSE---> NEVER MOUNT YOUR GYRO ON TOP OF THE HELI WHICH THE FLY BAR CAN HIT IT.(See pic)

Heli
    .FBL Protos
    Plane
    .Jetiger
    .Kinetic800

Originally posted by wan81sg
    i had just bought a new Futaba 401 gyro and 9257 servo on last wed and mounted my gyro on top of the body. At first i was so happy to put the new item on my mini t and went to do test flight to see how well the tail hold and i found it was a really good gyro but still need a little bit of small adjustment. Then on sunday i went to fly again to test on the tail and did some adjustment.

i flew 5 battery and this time come my 6 battery to fly and this was the most up sad flight. during the flight i did a inverted and tip top, then after a 2min plus flight, i decided to hover my heli at around 1.5m height( 2.5 m away form me) and i did a tail piro to see how well the tail is. suddenly the piro was so fast that u cant even see the tail and by the time i stop, the heli was heading toward me, and my brain freezed for a sec and at that moment i lost my sense of control. for safety result, i immidately put my throttle to 0 and i crash my heli on to the ground.

and the best part was my 2 day old gyro got smash and it never work again.

CAUSE---> NEVER MOUNT YOUR GYRO ON TOP OF THE HELI WHICH THE FLY BAR CAN HIT IT.(See pic)
    bro, sad to hear abt ur gyro.

Comment

Sorry to hear that bro.. You should be making use of the remote gain capability and mount the gyro within the frame.. What have you occupied the space with?
      I'm using GY240 without remote gain capability so no choice gotta mount on top.. After learning from your experience, I'm thinking if a extension plate can be fabricated to mount the gyro under the tail boom.
      Fixed-Wing
      GWS Zero
      Fliton Extra 260
      Hacker SuperZoom 4D
      Thunder Tiger Velocity
      Scratchbuilt Depron Profile Extra 300
      Thunder Tiger SuperCub (RIP - Resting In Pieces)
      Scratchbuilt Lama Plane
      RICCS Mirage 2000 #1 (RIP)
      RICCS Mirage 2000 #2

Rotorcraft
      Thunder Tiger Mini-T
      Esky HBK2
      Esky Lama V4 w/SuperShaft

Radio
      JR-9XPS

Comment

at first, i mount my gyro in the frame but wire fronm the receiver is so mess and i decided to mount the receiver in the frame and gyro on top and this turn up to a sad thing. so i hope ppl learn this painful lesson. if not, u will make your wallet painful
        Heli
        .FBL Protos
        Plane
        .Jetiger
        .Kinetic800

Comment

did the rudder servo fail on you?

at first, i mount my gyro in the frame but wire fronm the receiver is so mess and i decided to mount the receiver in the frame and gyro on top and this turn up to a sad thing. so i hope ppl learn this painful lesson. if not, u will make your wallet painful

Comment

I think threadstarter lost orientation for a brief moment testing out the piro rate. Sorry for your loss mate.
            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Sorry to hear that.

I think I mocking bird is selling the gyro casing. You may want to give it a try if the electronics are still working.

Comment

Look on the bright side..your gyro may be gone but at least you are in one piece! Imagine if the heli had hit you during piro nose in.
                In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Comment

finnless bob quoted " gyro on top = BAD! " bro . this is not the first time I pointed out the problem to you and the rest of the bro that we fly together.
                  Well I guess no senior flyer will listen to newbie like me I guess. Sad for you ,lesson learn and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by charlessito
                    finnless bob quoted " gyro on top = BAD! " bro . this is not the first time I pointed out the problem to you and the rest of the bro that we fly together.
                    Well I guess no senior flyer will listen to newbie like me I guess. Sad for you ,lesson learn and move on.

Comment

You mentioned that "Suddenly"
                      ... suddenly the piro was so fast that u cant even see the tail ...
                      so, was it something wrong with the rudder that escalate to the destruction of your gyro?

Comment

the word "suddenly" is before hand i was using a 20c battery to do the piro and the piro seem a bit slow, so i in crease the EPA abit and test . then the piro is wat i want this time. After that i came to use the 25c battery to do a inverted and tip top and it look ok. then i low my heli to a comforable hovering height and then i do a piro and at this time, the piro out of sudden it spin so fast that i cant event see the tail. so i dun know is it my set up do wrongly or wat.

so is a lesson learn
                        Heli
                        .FBL Protos
                        Plane
                        .Jetiger
                        .Kinetic800

Comment

I see, it is a mechanical issue that started it all rather than you losing orientation.
                          Glad that you are fine. Yup, lesson learnt

the word "suddenly" is before hand i was using a 20c battery to do the piro and the piro seem a bit slow, so i in crease the EPA abit and test . then the piro is wat i want this time. After that i came to use the 25c battery to do a inverted and tip top and it look ok. then i low my heli to a comforable hovering height and then i do a piro and at this time, the piro out of sudden it spin so fast that i cant event see the tail. so i dun know is it my set up do wrongly or wat.

so is a lesson learn

Comment

Sending futaba item to repair

Any one have came across to send a futaba item to repair on their own, i asked rotor and they said to send a item back it cost S$80 and may take 3 month. is there a better way?
                            Heli
                            .FBL Protos
                            Plane
                            .Jetiger
                            .Kinetic800

Comment

Any one have came across to send a futaba item to repair on their own, i asked rotor and they said to send a item back it cost S$80 and may take 3 month. is there a better way?
                              $80? does that include repair costs? if it doesnt i think it is better to get a new one
                              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Working...
                              X