Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh.... Champion Hobby - The black sheep

Oops he did it again.

I know this is not unusual but feel just need to relate my encounter so that ppl especially newbie will not be cheated.

Remember I looking high and low for the replacement gear for VS-6?

I had check w champion on replacement gear for VS-6 weeks ago. That old man Chan claim he had no stock and try to persuad me in getting a new VS-6 servo to "tide" till the replacement gears are here. He mentioned he had not order and don know when he will order. Best solution according to him is to buy a new one for the time being. Hearing that I am determine not getting the VS-6. B4 I left, saw a lot of little gear at his shelf w wording written as "For 6g" Looks to me they are for VS-6, upon checking w Chan, he claimed they are not for VS-6, for other servo. I kept asking him for which servo, he say for other servo....I gave up....

I was there again to buy 2" wheels for my cub. That Chan is not around. Having paid for my wheels, I browse ard...... I asked the lady on replacement gear for VS-6..... she pointed to those "For 6g" package...... I asked her how much.....she paused and say $4......I replied and say how can it be so ex when Hitec ones are selling only $3.70...... she replied maybe $3......then that little gal went to the office to check. She came back to say $3...... I paid them and get a pack... I wanted to proof to myself this gear which I saw the last time is for VS-6........I know the selling price could be ard $2...they wanted to "Swallow" ppl...... but hack it ....I just want to know if Fxxking chan is lying the last time round. And b4 I left.....I check again w the 2 lady are they for VS-6....they mentioned ppl use it for VS-6 ....unless your servo is not VS-6.....

BAck home.....the gears are perfect fit for VS-6!

I would suggest never go alone to this shop especially newbie. They had some good stuff at bargain price but don let them take advantage of you

Mike

yeah mike...i got ripped off by them before too. its just the risk we all run when we get something cheaper from him. we can't complain to CASE or anything, cos in the end we stand to lose when there's no cheap place around, or a place which sorta forces other shops to keep their prices lower...
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

They even dare to "swallow" old timers, so new comers, pls beware! If u have to go alone, make sure u know wad u want and quickly grab it.. dun stay too long.. they'll talk u into getting other things..
      Failure is not final,
      Success is never ending:
      It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

Hahaah...

Yeah.. do ur homework first!
        Get pictures on the net and make sure they look like
        in the pictures!!

One fine day he might try to sell u his daughter!

Comment

The amont of $ I have wasted at Chan already took alway most of the discount he gave in other items.

But at least I am still happy with my gy401+servo, and the ABC charger I got from him.

Anyhow, I won't be heading back there unless I really really need to. I rather head down to SHS/rotor.
          huh

Comment

Still i think it's worth it for a servo like the VS-6. Think about how much the servo cost in the first place and u are paying how much for the replacement set?

There's a price for everything. I think that time u should just grab that bag of gears.... Bo chap about what Chan says and heck if it doesnt work it's only 3 bucks and u can always use it for something else.

Comment

if he has bags of servo gear and other bits, why aren't they sold? he buy and keep for what?? so diao
              JR PCM 9XII

BEAM E4

HS65 Cyclic
              Futaba S3154 Tail
              Scorpion 2221-8
              JETI Spin 44A
              JR RS 77
              Logictech 2100 TL Gyro
              Thunder Power TP2070-3SX

A Bottle Of Guts, Neat.

Comment

Working...