Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aileron for Trex500 - Multiplex Cockpit

Guys I am in a bit of fix here.

My Trex500 has different left and right aileron. I am currently using Multiplex Cockpit SX. For the aileron, I am using the Dual Rates to control.

Now the problem is my dual rates are equal for left and right, but then they are not equal. Mean example for 50% aileron which I in now, one side is 7 degrees and the other side is 4 degrees.

Any ways to counter this? I can't seem to figure out other than dual rates what else I can use to adjust the aileron. And also I can't figure out how to adjust the aileron of each side separately.

Thanks

I am thinking of adjusting the end-point-adjustment for left or right servo so that I can equal the degrees on left and right aileron.
    When I input left, the left and right cyclics servos will move in opposite directions, and vice versa when I input right.
    Will it be wrong to adjust the EPA of only say the right servo? Will EPA affect my collective?

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
      I am thinking of adjusting the end-point-adjustment for left or right servo so that I can equal the degrees on left and right aileron.
      When I input left, the left and right cyclics servos will move in opposite directions, and vice versa when I input right.
      Will it be wrong to adjust the EPA of only say the right servo? Will EPA affect my collective?
      I also not sure. But one thing you can do is to try it, and then after that use a swash leveler to check low, mid and high collective for unevenness.

Comment

Have thought about using the leveler also but will need to buy one. You know where I can find one locally?

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun
          Have thought about using the leveler also but will need to buy one. You know where I can find one locally?
          I didn't come across any locally for the T500. Helidirect_DOT_com has it.

Comment

thinking of getting one too.. using one for 450, i feel it is quite useful
            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
              thinking of getting one too.. using one for 450, i feel it is quite useful
              Yes, can't live without the leveler once you start using it. I use it after every crash to make sure everything is still level, and also use it after servicing my cyclic servo to make sure the swash plate is level.

Comment

Just ordered it from Ebay. Search under 'swashplate leveler'. Cost me about S$30+ for shippment everything. Downside is still need to wait for about 10 days

Comment

i bought from readyheli. Trueblood engineering takes 2 weeks to reach me, but shipping cost only US$5.

Comment

i just realized that it is available here.

by canomod.

Anyway, mine arrived.

Comment

none for 500 i think unless the 600 can be used...
                      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Don't think so. different shaft sizes.

Comment

Working...
                        X