Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Tracking and pitch

Hi,

Can someone pls help me with my problem.

I have track the main blades and the pitch goes hay wire. One side is -4.5 deg and the other is -8.5 deg.

Is the tracking and pitch related?
    How to adjust the pitch?

Thks

1) Feathering shaft bent
    2) Main shaft bent
    3) Main rotor grip deformed/ bent (Change to metal grip)
    4) Main rotor house deformed (Change to metal head)

Updgrade your head to full metal head, it will solve your problem and your blade will slice thru the air like butter and hot knife !!

If you want to upgrade to full metal head, I have got a Metal Flybar Seesaw Holder, HS 1207 for sale at only $25. Pls PM me.
    Vincent
    BEAM
    Z-Power Z10A
    QUARK 33
    H65MG Servos
    GY401 Gyro

Comment

pitch gauges are notoriously inaccurate. Slop in the links and stiff links will upset it.

to get the tracking right use a set of vernier calipers to get the links exactly the same length.

then, fold the blade back and feel for the slop in the system with the radio switched on and stick set to the position you want zero pitch. (normally mid stick)

hold the tip of one blade and let the other fall under its own weight. Measure the distance (by eye is good enough) between the tips of the blades. Now do the same for the other blade. If these distances are equal you have zero pitch.

Ade

Comment

Originally posted by alan tan
        Hi,

I have track the main blades and the pitch goes hay wire. One side is -4.5 deg and the other is -8.5 deg.

How to adjust the pitch?

Thks
        i'm using this method........

1) Make sure both blades r statically & dynamically balanced.
        2) Mark 1 blade as ur main blade.
        3) Set both blade to the pitch u want
        4) Hover & check for tracking
        5) Land heli & adjust the pitch of the other blade (Trial & Error Method)
        6) Repeat steps 5 & 6 until ur blades track

Comment

Which side are you referring to? swash Up/down or left right blades?

If left and right side blades goes haywire, then your blades are not tracked. if it's up/don. Then your pitch is out, and this can happen when you over adjust your blade pitch..

Hi,

How to adjust the pitch?

Thks

Comment

Hi,

Is it that the linkage to adjust the pitch and track is the same ones?

thks

Comment

Hi,

Is it that the linkage to adjust the pitch and track is the same ones?

thks
              yes basically to adjust there are only 2 linkages to adjust pitch on each blade.

"tracking" is just to ensure that both blades have the same pitch/angle.

alan, i believe u have a beam e4? their beam views are not complete yet, so view the trexSE ones for CCPM setup. take your time to view them, it will save u alot of stress and headache later on.
              here are the vids, please register first to view
              It was suggested by a excellent contributor GimbalFan that I order my videos in a order that should be follow by a new person (n00b) with a new Trex.
              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

did anybody mention the swash has to be level when setting up blade pitches?

Comment

Hi Johnny,

You mistaken for the wrong Alan.

That means tracking and pitch adjusting is the same linkage, that mean I can have only one parameter in and the other out, right?

Rdhs

Comment

Working...
                  X