Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting out with RC Helicopters. Help?

Hi ppl.. SERIOUSLY RANK BEGINNER of RC helicopters here. All I know about RC are terms I've looked up online.

Can someone please tell me what I should be looking out for when I'm perhaps considering an electric powered RC helicopter? What are the most important features for a RC heli? Are there certain models with better control, stability, lift etc.?

Any recommendations or helicopter reviews from personal flight experience would be good as well.

__________________________________________________ _____________
    To play, play and to play.

Join a Funfly near ur location. Look at the FF thread.

Watz ur budget??? How far u wana progress???

Comment

Originally posted by C4rnaG3
      Hi ppl.. SERIOUSLY RANK BEGINNER of RC helicopters here. All I know about RC are terms I've looked up online.

Can someone please tell me what I should be looking out for when I'm perhaps considering an electric powered RC helicopter? What are the most important features for a RC heli? Are there certain models with better control, stability, lift etc.?

Any recommendations or helicopter reviews from personal flight experience would be good as well.

__________________________________________________ _____________
      To play, play and to play.
      Yes, different models give different stability, control, etc.

What is your budget? U plan to fly alone or join a funfly? These are 2 of many many questions........ that help u to decide which heli to buy.
      After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Wow thanks for the fast reply guys.

Firstly, I'm that new to RC that I'm not sure what exactly is a Funfly, only can infer now that it means flying in a group? I'd sure like company flying together.

As for how far I wish to progress, I'm not very sure, just looking to adopt it as a hobby now?

And lastly, I'm looking at a budget of ard $300-500?

Comment

Can't really get much out of $300 - $500 budget. A basic ready to fly mini-T kit should set you back by about $800, not including the battery charger and Lipo balancer, and the heli life line. The lipo Battries, which may cost around $200++ depending on the number of packs you want to have which will also determine the number of flight for the day. (Each Lipo cost between $70 - $100++ depending on the Lipo brand and power output) The heli is very dependent on the Lipo, which again, will determine how well it flies.

Hence, a more realistic budget should be around $1500 (With provision for spare blades, and parts etc.)

Sorry if this may seems discouraging, but just wanted to prep you for what to expect.

$300 - $500 can get you a Honey Bee King II or a belt CP. which is not a joy to fly "Out of Box"

Comment

Get a 4ch FP heli to start. At least it can take some kind of abuse. If u want easy route, get those co-axial heli. Prices should match ur budget. However if u really wana be serious, get a good transmitter and one of those better 6ch heli like Mini-T or Trex450.

If u are feeling rich, go on to Trex 500 size or Trex 600 size heli. Saw a guy learning to fly on a Lepton b4.

What is 4ch FP heli??? Look here : http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={34D7EC61-E085-470A-A736-5239E921F6DE}

What is a Co-axial heli??? Look here : http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={45896284-4879-4FA6-B2AB-C9626B32E9A7}

Happy researching!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz
              Can't really get much out of $300 - $500 budget. A basic ready to fly mini-T kit should set you back by about $800, not including the battery charger and Lipo balancer, and the heli life line. The lipo Battries, which may cost around $200++ depending on the number of packs you want to have which will also determine the number of flight for the day. (Each Lipo cost between $70 - $100++ depending on the Lipo brand and power output) The heli is very dependent on the Lipo, which again, will determine how well it flies.

Hence, a more realistic budget should be around $1500 (With provision for spare blades, and parts etc.)

Sorry if this may seems discouraging, but just wanted to prep you for what to expect.

$300 - $500 can get you a Honey Bee King II or a belt CP. which is not a joy to fly "Out of Box"
              Totall agree
              Raptor 50 Titan
              Full Kasama Head and tail upgrade
              Futaba GY502
              Align 2 in 1 regulator
              MP5
              RevMax Governor
              Futaba S9254 digital servo

Mini Titan
              Full metal head and tail upgrade
              Jeti 44 ESC
              Carbon rotor and tail blade
              Hitec 65HB x 3
              Futaba S9257
              Futaba GY401

Walkera HM 60B
              Carbon rotor and tail blade
              Full metal head and tail upgrade
              3D capable

Walkera 4#3B
              2.4GHz TX
              Flying in my room during rainning days

Walkera HM 5-4
              Mini Park Flyer
              JR PCM 9X II

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                If u are feeling rich, go on to Trex 500 size or Trex 600 size heli. Saw a guy learning to fly on a Lepton b4.
                not exactly a budget machine to start with

to start with co-ax is good idea. at least let u have a good feel, and practice on hover and orientation - almost anytime. and not forgeting flight sim too

Hirobo XRB Sky Robo Shuttle [V.O.R.]
                | Hirobo SRB Quark [M.I.A.] | TT Innovator MD530

Comment

Working...
                X