Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gyros, is someone lying to me?

I have a Belt CP and it came with a pretty crappy gyro. I was talking to the guy who I get my parts from; good chap but charges me more than he should but always fixes my stuff when I crash.

I have been looking at the Futaba 401. He says it is too big and its 10 years old. I dont know about all that. I have seen pretty good deals on them used and Futaba is a good brand and when I read the adverts for them they dont seem to be explaining a 10 year old part.

Is he right, should I listen to the professor on this one? E-sky has a head holding gyro available but I cant help but think the Futaba would be better and since I am learning, this is probably one of those parts I should pay attention to for easier learning. I Have to make major trim adjustments on my gyro right now. Its pretty sucky. Would rather be focusing on flying (crashing)

Originally posted by clandestinejinx
    I have a Belt CP and it came with a pretty crappy gyro. I was talking to the guy who I get my parts from; good chap but charges me more than he should but always fixes my stuff when I crash.

I have been looking at the Futaba 401. He says it is too big and its 10 years old. I dont know about all that. I have seen pretty good deals on them used and Futaba is a good brand and when I read the adverts for them they dont seem to be explaining a 10 year old part.

Is he right, should I listen to the professor on this one? E-sky has a head holding gyro available but I cant help but think the Futaba would be better and since I am learning, this is probably one of those parts I should pay attention to for easier learning. I Have to make major trim adjustments on my gyro right now. Its pretty sucky. Would rather be focusing on flying (crashing)

It may be ten yrs old...and it may be big....but its also one of the best bang for the buck gyros available.

Cheap and good...and hold very well.
    TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Futaba 401 is a VERY VERY good gyro imho but like all futaba electronics, its overpriced
      Helis
      Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

There are two sides to a coin. U can say that its 10yrs old, old technology. U can also say its 10yrs old n its still ard so its a reliable product that is in production even after 10yrs.

Up to u to decide which side u wana listen.

But for belt-cp, a Futaba GY240 will be more than enough for it. I like Futaba Gyro, they are plug n play.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
          There are two sides to a coin. U can say that its 10yrs old, old technology. U can also say its 10yrs old n its still ard so its a reliable product that is in production even after 10yrs.

Up to u to decide which side u wana listen.

But for belt-cp, a Futaba GY240 will be more than enough for it. I like Futaba Gyro, they are plug n play.
          i thought its more like "plug & fly" eh remind me of chekgu...

Comment

Hi

when i first started out i didnt know how to set up gyro so always drifting left right and centre.. v fustrating to fly. but now, even gyros which i used to think was crappy holds pretty well for my FF. granted i dun do 3d stuff but i think "crappy" gyros hold their own for learning orientation and FF if set up properly. learning to set up Gyro properly is impt imho.

but in this hobby we always kena poison. want the best and newest now. i am the same move up size v fast... but still fly like lame duck. hahahaha.. remember Gyro can keep for larger helis next time.. if u wanna upsize.

to each his own. 401 is still a v good gyro by today's standard but the latest releases are catching up. i personally swear by JR770T.. getting my 2nd one soon. if u can find a 401 cheap by all means go for it. it can last well into learning 3D.

have fun!
            CHEERS!

450 PRO - Phoenixtech Scorpion 2221-8, Castle Creations Phoenix 35, Hitec HS65HB cyclic, Futaba 9650 tail, (hanger)

MA Furion 6 - Savox 5055 560KV, Castle Creations ICE 80HV, Turnigy 959MG cyclic, HK47110MG tail, Castle Creations BEC pro, BeastX

MA Fury55 - OS55HZ + Outrage EVO55 pipe, HS5625MG cyclic, Spartan + HK47110MG, Align 2 in 1, Align Governor.

Kasama - Savox 5065 550KV, Castle Creations Phoenix 85HV, HK47110MB tail, Hitec 7985MG cyclic, BeastX

Comment

the gyro play a part in the flight.......

and the best part of this hobby is the fixing part
              i really dun agree you to find someone to fix your bird
              do learn.......
              then you will understand more into the rc world

Comment

Sounds strange, something exactly the same happened to me when I first started out on this hobby.
                My opinion will be to get the 401 straight. Few reasons are good resale, durable, reliable, reputable. If you planning on just hovering, I guess the Esky gyro will do.
                A bro used to tell me this, Save yourself the incremental upgrades, it will save you alot of money ....

Comment

Esky gyro will fail with no reason.

Happened to me once and I went 401, never looked back.
                  Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

i started with a futaba gy240, and i still have it mounted on my mini titan now. it served me extremely well and shouldn't let you down either. it's easy to set up. i bought a 401 but never got around to installing it, and i still love my 240. so although it's 10 years old, it's still one of the better gyros around today. of course there are smaller and better gyros like spartan but they cost a bomb in comparison!

Comment

Working...
                    X