Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner needs advise

Good evening gurus, im a beginner to EP heli and have been trying to fly my trex but have been having tail problems and others...my tail wags when i power up...and the heli tends to bank on the right when i try to appy throttle...i use the align esc, align BL motor, gy401, hitec hs 65hb x 3 for cyclic and futaba s9257 for the tail, i did not dare again apply more throttle as it will bank towards the right and i am afraid that it will just flip and smash the blades...im using the sanwa rd8000 and am not really familiar with it as i am a newby...a friend set it up for me but after replacing some parts after a crash...i cannot fly it decently...by the way, mines a trex 450XL HDE...I would appreciate your advise as i am so eager to just even hover it. ive seen videos of trex hde and i am amazed at how they hover with just a minimal control input. thanks bros.
    ATOM 500
    Spektrum DX7 w/ AR7000 Rx
    Hobbywing Platinum 60A ESC w/ Stock Motor, GY401 w/ Align DS620
    3x Align DS520, 425 stock CF Blades
    TREX 450XL HDE (sold)

---------------------
    Aerofly Pro Deluxe Sim
    sigpic

Hi slammer, i suggest going to a funfly group near u and learn from the guys there.. It can be very frustrating learning everything all by urself..

The wagging and the banking can be due to lots of factors, so we cant really pinpoint the problem here.. Maybe u could tell us what have u tried to do to solve the problem?
    AR Drone 2.0
    Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
    Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
    RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

u mentioned u replaced parts but i dont think u rechecked all the settings right?

it will be better that u readup on how to setup

This post will contain the Trex HDE build videos. These videos are a COMPLETE step by step build of the Trex XL HDE kit. I started this a month ago or

register and take ur time to learn setting up. a well setup bird is a stable bird
      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

thanks bro, you're right, im getting a bit annoyed at it, i really dont know where to adjust, although i know how to setup the main rotor with the pitch gauge by adjusting the linkages, i just dont have idea where to do adjustment for the tail to prevent wagging...also, when i apply throttle, the tail rotates to clockwise...i had to apply stick input to move it back but when i release the stick, it spins again, although at a slow speed...i positioned the servo arm at the center as when i apply full right or full left, it will not bind the linkage arm...as i have read, this should not be the case...ive used shorter arm (circular) to prevent binding and i have installed the servo face down on the left side of the tail boom, also, when the throttle stick is a lowest position, the led light on the gyro lights solid red, but when i throttle up, it blinks, am i in HH mode or rate mode? am not really familiar with all these terminology, maybe thats why im having a hard time understading the manuals or guide books....i usually check out articles at trextuning.com.
        ATOM 500
        TREX 450XL HDE (sold)

---------------------
        Aerofly Pro Deluxe Sim
        sigpic

Comment

by the way Bro, Im staying at teban gardens, my office is at IBP near jurong east MRT, is there a group or club where i can meet up with the guys and maybe ask a few advise.
          ATOM 500
          TREX 450XL HDE (sold)

---------------------
          Aerofly Pro Deluxe Sim
          sigpic

Comment

looking good
            there's a few you can hang out

bukit panjang (i fly there)
            bukit batok (some folks i know fly there)
            bukit batok flying club (need to register @ the CC i think...)
            acehobby @ bukit gombak (this is a shop, but very nice guy can help u out)
            jurong west/jalan bahar (ask the folks there)

pop by the local flying groups forum and you will see a lot of these flying groups, good to approach them

Comment

thanks Bro, definitely im going to visit these FF as i desperately need to get my heli lift from the ground, been sitting in the bench for a long time now...LOL...anyway, thanks for the help...happy flying.
              ATOM 500
              TREX 450XL HDE (sold)

---------------------
              Aerofly Pro Deluxe Sim
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X