Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESC cutoff Qs...

Hi broes,

I don't noe if i experienced this yesterday while at field cos i neva did. i was flyin at idle up +/-ve 10 pitch, gov 90%T. timer to 5mins. i juz fly normally like i would. then i notice there's a few short intermittent jerks on the hs, i quickly bring it down. batt n esc juz warm. everthing ok, changed to new batt and go fly again. since everything was normal, i tried roll to right->inverted->right back up. then i flip backwards and stay inverted but the heli continues shinking, full -ve pitch seems helpless, then kaboom. got only strip gears cos its not too high n too late to t cut

Did the esc cut off for a while? overloaded? And is that few short intermittent jerks on the hs resulted from esc cutoff? My motor only using max 18-23amp. pls advise if i requires a higher esc, 40amp? i was thinkin to get a better motor, but haiz esc oso hav to change...
    Current Blink²:
    Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
    Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
    Belt-CP
    Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
    Nate Waddoups

bro, did ur motor had some trouble starting before..? i seriously recommend changing the motor and esc
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

ar broe, ur my trouble saver!

my motor can't run on low or med, have to run high wic makes it hot. also i think i told u b4 mu motor eva white smoke off. but since the insulant is ok, i continue using.

ok broe, tankz, i tot it was my esc, time to get a new motor...
      Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
      Belt-CP
      Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by Nazar78
        ar broe, ur my trouble saver!

my motor can't run on low or med, have to run high wic makes it hot. also i think i told u b4 mu motor eva white smoke off. but since the insulant is ok, i continue using.

ok broe, tankz, i tot it was my esc, time to get a new motor...
        best is to borrow a motor to test lor.. think whiteshark is selling a few align stock motors which shld be gd and cheap for ur beltcp
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

juz now i test 3 full batts juz hover ard at mscp. set timer to 5mins, all 3 batts softcut at 2-3mins. all batts avg 4v each cell. i think the motor drawed more amp than usual, shortcircuit? payday comin new motor liao...
          Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
          Belt-CP
          Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

it's hard to tell, you must check batt voltage in flight. batt voltage dips a lot under load. what batts are you using? i am also having cutoff issues on my minit, sometimes it's due to the batts. i use hextronik and one of the badly bloated pack does cut out sometimes. sometimes it may also be esc setting bad. i am still twiddling with my esc settings.

Comment

detach8, try setting the ESC to heavy protection mode for ur mini titan.. I find that when im in standard mode, it cuts of very early..
              AR Drone 2.0
              Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
              Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
              RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

hey john_3330 thanks for the tip! yes i did switch off low voltage cutoff and set overcurrent limit to the lowest, but weird it still cuts out a little just doing fig 8s. i was wondering could it be due to a bad motor setting. i dont have a elogger which makes things really hard to trace.

Comment

I'm using kong. last time I can get over 5mins (7mins+ high soft cut) on fff but now all batts inc a friend's cuts 2-3mins wic I suspect culprit to my last two crash (can't recover with full pitch). I think u can try lower ur pinion see if it helps, mine doesn't...
                  Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                  Belt-CP
                  Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Same here also, I just crashed my precious Beam !!
                    I was doing loop sucessfully and then followed by Fig 8 when suddenly the motor died on me.

I could not simulate the problem and everything was working fine after the crash. So I concluded it is the cutoff BUT what causes the cutoff???

My ESC is Quark 33 and I am using Align 430L.
                    It tends to heat up quite a fair bit, including my ESC.
                    I am using only 13T and running at 85% throttle.

Is there any other thing to setup in my Quark ESC?...It dun seems to have low current setup etc...

I have changed my motor hopefully it would make a better couple with my ESC.
                    Vincent
                    BEAM
                    Z-Power Z10A
                    QUARK 33
                    H65MG Servos
                    GY401 Gyro

Comment

lesson learnt ... never trust align electronics
                      Helis
                      Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

from my experience using an external bec removes the heat from the esc quite abit, giving it some breathing room for thermal cutoff. but mine cuts off when its cool. i just managed to borrow a cc castle link usb cable thanks to my flying buddy so the firmware was horrendously old (v1.14 stable). just upgraded to 1.55 stable and let's hope everything works out.

Comment

problem solved, confimed it was my motor. i dismantled and saw 1 of the magnets cracked, others shifted, ca`ed but then saw the bearings was wrecked. Juz got a new motor but haiz raining...
                          Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                          Belt-CP
                          Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Grats on solving ur problem.. Lucky its only ur motor.. If it was the ESC and motor, the repairs is goin to be costly..
                            AR Drone 2.0
                            Walkera Ladybird Micro Quad
                            Jr XG8 Tx (Mode 1)
                            RG831B Rx

sigpic

Comment

tankz, i got a higher esc juz incase...
                              Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                              Belt-CP
                              Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Working...
                              X