Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey Bee FP and Recommended batteries

Hi guys,

I just got a Honey Bee FP and was wondering if someone could recommend a good lipo i could use for this. I would prefer something over 800mAh to lengthen my flight times if possible.

Also i burned out a couple of lipos on my lama despite good care (i.e try my best to over discharge) , im not sure if this is due to the standard esky charger.

If i do buy new lipos, is the esk charger still worth using or should i shell out good money for a proper charger?

If so, what charger should i look for and where could i buy it from? (Bearing in mind i would eventually move to a 450 size heli when i improve, however i dont know what battery specs they use)

Thanks very much.

Oh, i need to know where i could buy the recommended batteries and charger and how much i should be paying for this.... thanks!!

Comment

if money is not a problem then u might consider to invest a good charger.
      around $120-$200 for the charger it self. plus balancer for about $40-80.

i'm using 2s lipo brand "3E" 800mah and 1200mah. they quite good. btw, do consider the weight of the lipo as well. u can look around rotor(near lavender MRT). hope this will help you.
      Mini Titan E325
      Dualsky XController 40A
      Dualsky XMotor XM2834CH-8
      GY240

Charger & Tx
      Tahmazo T15-AC with T6B Balancer
      Hitec Optic 6 Electron(given to other user)
      No TX at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by usuckpoo
        Hi guys,

I just got a Honey Bee FP and was wondering if someone could recommend a good lipo i could use for this. I would prefer something over 800mAh to lengthen my flight times if possible.

Also i burned out a couple of lipos on my lama despite good care (i.e try my best to over discharge) , im not sure if this is due to the standard esky charger.

If i do buy new lipos, is the esk charger still worth using or should i shell out good money for a proper charger?

If so, what charger should i look for and where could i buy it from? (Bearing in mind i would eventually move to a 450 size heli when i improve, however i dont know what battery specs they use)

Thanks very much.
        hmm is that a typo or for reall.. OVER discharge?

you should never over discharge lipos.

Comment

Opps, i meant try my best not to overdischarge.

Is there a charger/balancer combined?

I am hoping to find a battery that matches the weight of the standard Nicad battery which is about 80 grams or so?

I have 800 mAh lipos which are about 46grams. figured i could carry a 1200-1300mAh battery with no problems, but i dont know where i can buy them from.

Comment

Opps, i meant try my best not to overdischarge.

Is there a charger/balancer combined?

I am hoping to find a battery that matches the weight of the standard Nicad battery which is about 80 grams or so?

I have 800 mAh lipos which are about 46grams. figured i could carry a 1200-1300mAh battery with no problems, but i dont know where i can buy them from.

can go to rotor.com. they have 1200mah.
            Mini Titan E325
            Dualsky XController 40A
            Dualsky XMotor XM2834CH-8
            GY240

Charger & Tx
            Tahmazo T15-AC with T6B Balancer
            Hitec Optic 6 Electron(given to other user)
            No TX at the moment

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks very much.
              I'm using 3e 1200mah 2s for my honey bee fp... been using it for more than a year now without any problems... flight time around 10mins+. Charging the batts with Tahmazo T15+T6B Balancer.

I've also have a friend using the 3e 1200mah 2s charging it with Tahmazo T4LP charger.

Comment

yea i'll chip in another vote for 3e model. that batt is pretty good for its price!

Comment

I recall using 1700mah ETECs on mine previously. Was able to clock about 40 mins of hover time, 22 mins of flying around
                  Don't PCW

Beam E4
                  Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
                  Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Thanks. Where can i get these batteries?

Im also trying to shop around for a good charger, so far the lingo and the complexity seem to confuse me. I know i need the charger to fulfill the following criteria.

1. Charge a range of lipos, since eventually i hope to fly a 450 or a 600.

2. Tell me how much charge i put in it so i dont keep killing batteries as i have so far.

3. "Balancer?" I still dont know exactly what this does, or how it looks like, but it seems its best to have this inbuilt into the charger for convinience?

4. AC/DC adapter to go along with the chargeR? Apparently some chargers do not include this so i have to shell out additional monies?

So far the cost seems wide ranging as well. As such any guidance/recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                    X