Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R50 Tail blades and Engine temp

I have always thought that loading the engine up excessively will heat up the engine, while unloading it will cool it a bit. However, recently I changed to a pair of main blades that loads the engine a lot lesser under the same load, so my engine rpm is pretty consistent throughout the flight. I found that my engine runs warmer instead of cooler. I am still running in the engine so its pretty rich, but there is definately a difference between the two pairs of blades. Normal??

What tail blades is everyone using? 92mm or 95mm? Wide or narrow? I am using 92mm 26mm width carbon tech and the tail seems to be letting go a bit in fast pitch change. Not the usual drift, more like tail not enough power to handle the torque, just like the tail kicks you get when doing tic-toc on stock helis in the G3 simulators(e.g. the dolphin). I only started having the problem because previously the heli was bogging a bit under heavy loads and so I had to be gentle. So whats the common size?

sigpic

i'm not sure about your first question may i ask wad is the correct/suitable tail blade length of a 50size heli? i was told its 85mm, 92, 95mm seems too long...
    JR 2.4GHz 10X

JR DS8717
    Solid G
    KY-3000 30% nitro

Comment

95mm is fine...just be carful of it hittig the ground.

The chord length I usually have it as broad as possible....tail will be rock solid
      TREX 500 ESP
      Futaba T12FGH

Comment

95mm tail blades? will it hit the rotor?
        JR 2.4GHz 10X

JR DS8717
        Solid G
        KY-3000 30% nitro

Comment

95mm will not hit main rotor. Unless you are using something longer than true 600mm blades. Titan boom even longer so....

95mm will kill the tail grip radial bearing faster? I don't know what I am doing wrongly, but my tail grip bearings good quality ones 100++flight notchy liao, stock lousy one 100flights inner and outer race seperate liao. Last time on my old r30 300flights also no problem.

Ok, I got one last question...from my current situation, will upgrading to tail blades 3mm longer and 4mm wider make a big difference?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X