Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is proper why to airbrush canopy?

Hi guys,

I wish to ask some advise for canopy airbrushing. Do you airbrush on the inside to protect the paint from being scratched for plastic transparent canopies?

Or spray on the outside and gloss over? Do you use primer?

I wanted to do graduation of color from red to yellow tones. What type of gloss do you use to protect it? Normal painter's gloss for canvas in artfriend?

Thanks

Last time when I play car, I sprayed the inside of the lexan car body. The paint will be protected from all the knockings and the lexan body gives a natural gloss to the paint work

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemunster
      Hi guys,

I wish to ask some advise for canopy airbrushing. Do you airbrush on the inside to protect the paint from being scratched for plastic transparent canopies?

I wanted to do graduation of color from red to yellow tones. What type of gloss do you use to protect it? Normal painter's gloss for canvas in artfriend?

Thanks
      Its not that simple, takes experience and skill to do airbrushing. Its frustrating, if you don't have patience and perserverance. Its also a messy job.
      Scratch building is more than cutting balsa wood and gluing them. Its a complex process that will test even the most resilient of people

Comment

Originally posted by flybywire
        Its not that simple, takes experience and skill to do airbrushing. Its frustrating, if you don't have patience and perserverance. Its also a messy job.
        Yup, so maybe those who are experienced in airbrushing can give some valuable pointers instead of just saying that it'd be hard. I mean, there's always a first time for everyone and it's a good thing that TS wants to learn how to do it by himself.

In fact, I'd be eager to pick up some tips on painting canopies too! Right now, can only paint those 2 shades clear cut type of canopies. Saddening...

Comment

Originally posted by flybywire
          Thanks for the comments but having had some experience in airbrushing anime models, I only wish to check with those who have done airbrushing for canopies as the materials are different and require much tougher protective coating.

Now can someone kindly answer my original questions? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookiemunster
            Hi guys,

Thanks
            I would spray on the outside of the canopy (with proper polycarbonate/Lexan paint) ...the clear heli canopies are not like the RC cars bodyshells ...there are too many seams lines and imperfection to give a nice "clear coat" gloss finish.

This clear type canopies I suspect are created for durability as you dun have to cut a hole for the cockpit windscreen.
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

airbrusing is possible.......
              to me the most important is the protection coat against hot nitro....

anyone knows what element can be use for it??????

Comment

Working...
              X