Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing from mode 1 to mode 2 ??

Anyone had experience? wonder if it is hard?

i had been flying for almost a year and was thinking if this switch is going to be hard. tried on sim but whenever the "emergency" happened, my mode 1 instint came back and crashes..

any advise?
    Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
    JR Vibe 50: 01
    Trex600N Pro: 01
    Kasama Srimok 90: 01
    TT Raptor 50: 10
    TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
    MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Originally posted by TmMugen
    Anyone had experience? wonder if it is hard?

i had been flying for almost a year and was thinking if this switch is going to be hard. tried on sim but whenever the "emergency" happened, my mode 1 instint came back and crashes..

any advise?
    i am flying mode 3 with stock tx which i mod for 3 mths now want to change over to mode 2 so i can get a lower end programmable tx, its quite difficult, it already burnt in the muscle it just bypass the brain n it only 3 mths. tell when u are successful.

Comment

Its possible. It only takes time but how long depends on how often you practise. I manage to convert from mode 3 to mode 2 after practising for 4 months.
      Heli 1 : Trex XL CDE modified

Heli 2: CopterX450SEV2

Comment

i tried. very tough. your natural reflexes will take over, esp when kancheong. it might take you months just to relearn hovering + ff!

Comment

very very confused.
          Whiplashing soon?

Crash records counter
          JR Vibe 50: 01
          Trex600N Pro: 01
          Kasama Srimok 90: 01
          TT Raptor 50: 10
          TT Raptor 90 3D: 01
          MA Fury 55: 01

(Latest Crash Dated 29 April 2012) Total: 15

sigpic

Comment

ok, just to add on... i changed my simulator from mode1 -> mode2 for around 2 days just to relearn mode2. I wanted to try it out again because looking at the videos of those 3d masters, it seems really simple to have all the cyclics in one stick. To add on, i started learning RC in a mode2 simulator, then before i got a heli i changed to mode 1 so that more people can guide me along. After trying for around 2 days, i gave up :P Reason being that it is worst then starting from scratch ... because all you reflexes will cause you the wrong input. Also... it will also mean being grounded for a VERY long time...

Comment

I hope this helps........

Discuss anything about RC electronics - Tx, Rx, Servo, ESC, BEC, FBL, NAV, Wire, Connector, Camera etc.
              The more you fly, the better you are!

Comment

I started with Mode 1 with my Raptor and subsequently when I got into planes, I switch to mode 2. And have been flying for a while on mode 2.

However, when I pick up the raptor to fly, which I have ignored for quite a while, my instinct of flying Mode 1 on it kicks in even though I am very comfortable with Mode 2...

So, everytime when I fly the raptor, I have to consciously tell myself, I am in mode 2. however, even with that, once in a while the mode 1 kicks in again.

It will take sometime for you to get use to...

Originally posted by TmMugen
                very very confused.

Comment

Originally posted by mave
                  I started with Mode 1 with my Raptor and subsequently when I got into planes, I switch to mode 2. And have been flying for a while on mode 2.

However, when I pick up the raptor to fly, which I have ignored for quite a while, my instinct of flying Mode 1 on it kicks in even though I am very comfortable with Mode 2...

So, everytime when I fly the raptor, I have to consciously tell myself, I am in mode 2. however, even with that, once in a while the mode 1 kicks in again.

It will take sometime for you to get use to...
                  Wah, cool bro. mode 2 for plane and mode 1 for heli.
                  I also converted from mode 1 to mode 2. But have not gone back to heli yet. sculy same as you on both mode.

Comment

wow i didnt know converting modes can be so long.. i have 2 friends flying heli with mode 1 at first but ltr on they changed to mode 2 in about 1 week.

ps collectivepitch : u are PFW flyer right?

Comment

Three of us were converted from mode 1 to mode 2.

It tooks us two weeks time just to learn hovering and we are mode 2 pilot now.

Remember to put on training gear and it will save you a lot of $$.

Comment

i guess the more proficient u are in ur current mode.. the harder it is to change.

for new flyers it wont take long because proficiency is not that high yet anyway..

however for those already doing 3d and fast flying, it is going to be v v tough
                        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

It's like driving a car , ...once you used to left hand drive and you drive a right hand drive car ...For sure you'll switch on the wipers when you intend to signal for turns !
                          Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                            It's like driving a car , ...once you used to left hand drive and you drive a right hand drive car ...For sure you'll switch on the wipers when you intend to signal for turns !
                            yes. its very complicated. just stick to it. its going to be difficult and dangerous when instinct kicks in. flying mode 1 heli can what. more challenging.
                            Kedi AH !

Comment

started with mode 1 stick with mode 1...
                              i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X