Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EP8V2 SP electronics setup

Hi guys,

I've read thru here n Runryder on the settings for EP8V2. Its interesting to note the setup by various members but none or little on the 4S lipo setup.

Yes, I'm in the process of acquiring a EP8V2 SP. Cant help it, wif the local frenly agent ard, I definately cant go wrong.

My would be settings :

Motor : Hacker A30-8XL
    ESC : Himodel 100A
    Pinion : 20T
    Batt : 4S1P 3700mah Lipo

Target headspeed : 2200rpm

Is tis 4S lipo setup good enuff for FF type of flying? No loops or roll yet. I'm sticking to 4S lipo setup, will get watever electronics to match tis 4S lipo.

Any other comments or suggestions welcomed.

Adrian,

I'm not sure if the esc you stated is workable with helis, as it is using self calibrating throttle, which means u have to rev up all the way to let it register it's max throttle.

The EX will be a better choice also, given the much stronger and improved parts like thicker main shaft, tail shaft, spindle, main grip with thrust bearings, better head linkages geometry, etc
    [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

Ok, thks ken for the reply.

Noted the ESC, will get a Hobbywing 60A then.

I'm on a shoe string budget, so getting the EP8V2 SP 2nd hand. Will work from there slowly. Making it fly is most important thing after acquiring the heli.

Comment

Welcome to the family..

But somehow i flew 5s abit slugish but maybe cos i setup on 6s and never change the pinion and throttle curve

4s would probably give u a shorter flying timetats all

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
          Hi guys,

I've read thru here n Runryder on the settings for EP8V2. Its interesting to note the setup by various members but none or little on the 4S lipo setup.

Yes, I'm in the process of acquiring a EP8V2 SP. Cant help it, wif the local frenly agent ard, I definately cant go wrong.

My would be settings :

Motor : Hacker A30-8XL
          ESC : Himodel 100A
          Pinion : 20T
          Batt : 4S1P 3700mah Lipo

Target headspeed : 2200rpm

Is tis 4S lipo setup good enuff for FF type of flying? No loops or roll yet. I'm sticking to 4S lipo setup, will get watever electronics to match tis 4S lipo.

Any other comments or suggestions welcomed.
          yea the 4s lipo should do alright .. whats the capacity? ive seen videos of ppl using 4800 mah 4s before ... it can easily do some mild 3D
          Helis
          Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

sorry nvr read u stated 3700 already
            Helis
            Logo 500 3D

Comment

Originally posted by skyblueblue
              Welcome to the family..

But somehow i flew 5s abit slugish but maybe cos i setup on 6s and never change the pinion and throttle curve

4s would probably give u a shorter flying timetats all

Thks,

U also using Hacker A30-8XL??? Where cheaper to get???

Tis alternative can??? Way cheaper.............http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...idProduct=4659

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                Tis alternative can??? Way cheaper.............http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...idProduct=4659

I think you should look at something that's capable of 450 to 500 Watt, ....that Unitedhobby motor most likely can be used but I'm almost certain it'll run very hot !

Ever considered a Zpower Z20A or Century 550+ BL ?

How about 3s2p of regular Trex 2200mah lipo in parallel to get 11.1V 4400Mah ?

Since you mentioned budget ....I wun go into the Kontronics BL
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

I tried the Align 35A (the X series) and I like their Governor mode. IMHO, its governor is better than Castle Creations. Cheaper than CC also. Maybe u can try using Align's 75A (for use in TRex 600?)

SH

Comment

I looked at the Z-power n the price is more expensive than Hacker from JH. I may go wif the UH motor wif a DIY fan. At ard S$50, its really a bargain. That motor is supposed to be a Hacker copy. They have AXI copy also, the 2820/10 motor used by EP8 fliers.

See how it goes when I collect the heli.

I got no more 3S1P 2200mah lipo, sold all off. Sticking to huge 4S lipo packs. However I still do have two 3S1P 2070mah lipo for my little pocket rocket boat.

Comment

btw where are u getting the heli from ? just wondering
                      Helis
                      Logo 500 3D

Comment

Its a secret.

Comment

Here is the AXI 2820 copy :

Sorry, but I'm a sucker for China products. Use n throw. If no good, will go n get a Hacker instead. So far my experience with Feigao motors, excellent.

Comment

How about this one ? ....for Au$65

I'm looking at this one ....pity SKY H. doesn't carries it !
                            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

I'm looking at 1000KV n above motors. Running on 4S Lipo, not 6S Lipo.

If use 800-900KV motor, the pinion would be 26-28T which I dont think can find leh.

Comment

Working...
                              X