Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for airwolf & Raptor 30

Hey, anyone has a good website or has tips about fitting a Raptor 30 into a Funkey airwolf 30 body? Doesn't look easy man! My wife got me the fuse for our anniversary!

HI you lucky Guy!

First is to remove the tail rotor section, header tank and main rotor blades. Next slide the whole frame into the fuselage. Make sure you have clearance on the swasp plate assembly and the top of the fuselage. Roughly mark out location of exhaust. Remove frame and make a template of the base 4 mounting screws of the frame on a pice of cardboard. Draw lines connecting the 4 holes and measure a centerline. Measure centerline of the fuselage body and transfer template. Drill holes and mount frame. Drill small hole for exhaust pipe which you will make larger with a grinding tool like a Dremel.

Important that the muffler does not touch fuselage. If it does, the heat will melt the fiberglass. Make a heat shield (I used silver foil) and strap to muffler with metal (fishing line leader) cable.

Good luck

Cheers!
    Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

thanks!

wow thanks for the tips man... I started work today. Sawed off the pitch arm and bit of the batt tray.. now it fits inside! Still dont quite get your advice on the cardboard though.... I get the first part: mark the holes using the frame, then mark a centreline... but how do you mark a centreline on the fuse?

edwin

Comment

There are 2 ways....
        1) measure the width of the fuse and devide by 1/2...(not accurate)
        2) inside the empty fuselage is a seam line....use that as the centerline. This is where the template comes in handy. No need to re-measure. Always drill and check for accuracy one hole at a time.....KS syndrome...haha!
        Cheers!
        Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

lucky man

Originally posted by elty19
          Hey, anyone has a good website or has tips about fitting a Raptor 30 into a Funkey airwolf 30 body? Doesn't look easy man! My wife got me the fuse for our anniversary!
          Hi u a lucky man in hobby player.i am uncle choo,i ps over how many anniversary.have nothing.

Comment

I know!

thanks for the tips! cant wait for it to be airborne! and yes yes.. I've been blessed with a wife who's not only accomodative... but supportive! hehe...true gem!

Comment

Working...
            X