Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini-Power Antenna for TRex/Zap

I'm actually considering this antenna for my Trex

Seems to be a fair price and signal loss is only 14%..
    14% of 1.6km is about 140m for a Trex..
    Doubt i'll ever fly my Trex 1km away!

Juz waiting for the colored version to be out!

also 14% more gliches if you have them dont forget sorry to be a spoilt sports

cheers doug

Comment

Hey this is cool ..... let me know if you ordering. Hate those antenna hanging here and there. If someone can come out w a atenna that is short and more powerful than conventional type, think they will make big bucks

Mike

Comment

theya are very easy to make you just need to make sure that they are the right lenght and conect them to your antenna i used to make them a while ago but they never gave me the proper range. A base loaded antenna is much better alternative but you still have some signal loss. here is one I made ages ago. and its a 1/4 wave antenna rather then a 1/8 or 1/16 th wave that most of thes antennas are.

just be careful with them they are not as good as they make out to be. you ar better off making your own its very easy ..mac straw and the right lenght of wire ( according to the formula)
        cheers doug

PS the one that I have below also has a solid core wire for the base whcih could make it about .2-4 g lighter too if you used multi core

Comment

Rather than a micky-d straw, can we use heatshrink insulation?

Folding the correct lengths and "shrink" wrapping them? I like the ruggardised rubber texture and it is actually quite rigid ...

Comment

yeah you can ..it just weighs a bit more thats all .... I used a cable tie down the centre of the straw and it held it great.. but yes that will work ..I think still the better option is the base loaded antenna as it has less loss of signal ..14% is quite a bit

cheers doug

Comment

I reconise that!
              TX:2 Sanwa Quasars , Futaba 9C super (heli)
              Gliders :JW 54 , Sprinter , Flip400 (unbuilt)
              Planes: Jumping Jack,,Zoom 4D,IFO, magic 3d,
              Helis:Feda,Zap 400

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X