Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LT2100 for 50 Size heli?

Hi,

I would like to know any Bros use LT2100 on a 50 size heli. If yes what tail servo you go with it and how is the holding? As LT2100 suppose to be equal or better then GY401 like to know the result.
    sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Originally posted by abner
    Hi,

I would like to know any Bros use LT2100 on a 50 size heli. If yes what tail servo you go with it and how is the holding? As LT2100 suppose to be equal or better then GY401 like to know the result.

JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

Originally posted by mh3400

I think can la.... must ask ammo...

Comment

This topic is quite varied.

Some people can use it without much issues, but some face a lot of problems.

The main reason is vibration, how low vibration is your nitro heli and how well damped is the gyro from the vibrations will determine if it works or not.

U might want to go for the LTG-6100 system for nitro, 30-90 onwards without issues. Performance has been more than satisfactory

Comment

Originally posted by ammo

The main reason is vibration, how low vibration is your nitro heli and how well damped is the gyro from the vibrations will determine if it works or not.

U might want to go for the LTG-6100 system for nitro, 30-90 onwards without issues. Performance has been more than satisfactory

Hmm.... vibration..... ok thanks bro!

Comment

Originally posted by ammo

I personally feel that if the gyro is sensitive to vibration ......THATS A GOOD THING ! ......I mean isn't that what a Gyro is suppose to do ? i.e: sense movement ? .....I see it as a gyro that has great resolutation (sensitivity)

......But the more sensitive the gyro, the more faster and accurate your rudder servo has to be ! ....definately run a digital servo

...Question is which one ? Ken, .....can the super duper servo that's bundled with the LT6100 be used with the LT2100 ?
            ...If not what would you recommend for a standard sized servo for use with the LT2100 ? ....Fut S9254, HS6965 HB ?
            Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

I have used the 2100 gyro with 6100 servo on my hurricane 550 without any problem at all. 6100 is a good servo.

But tried to use this combination on my Rap50, the tail can't hold at all. Like Ken said...vibration is the main issue. 6100 gyro would be a better choice for nitro!!! 2100 is only recommended for EP heli as mentioned in their brochure.
              Jack_Mav88
              ---------------------------------------------
              Planes:
              1) 90mm Fiberglass F16
              2) RCL F16I
              3) Fly Fly 90mm MIG 29 (Building)
              4) Hyperion KI84 Hayate 40e (Selling)

Heli:
              1) Trex 700N (MWTS)
              2) E-Raptor 620
              3) RJX Extreme 90 (MWTS)
              4) Hurricane 550 (upgrading)

Comment

just a tot, how abt using double or triple layer gyro tape on it?
                For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by jack_mav88
                  I have used the 2100 gyro with 6100 servo on my hurricane 550 without any problem at all. 6100 is a good servo.

But tried to use this combination on my Rap50, the tail can't hold at all. Like Ken said...vibration is the main issue. 6100 gyro would be a better choice for nitro!!! 2100 is only recommended for EP heli as mentioned in their brochure.
                  Okay, thanks ! ....I was sorta leaning towards the 6100 servo with my LT2100 for the Swift 16 currently in building stage.

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                    just a tot, how abt using double or triple layer gyro tape on it?
                    The vibes from an electric heli and a nitro heli are totally different
                    ....one can shake locktited screws out without even trying !

Comment

Another tot, wat if use a cutout thin square sponge inbetween two gyro tapes? sory if it sounds stupid
                      Current Blink²:
                      Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
                      Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
                      Belt-CP
                      Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
                      Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by Nazar78
                        Another tot, wat if use a cutout thin square sponge inbetween two gyro tapes? sory if it sounds stupid

I tried putting multiple layer of sponge double side tape but the vibration is simply too much for the gyro to handle. Had to change to a 401 on my nitro instead. Well, I now have a spare 2100 gyro and 6100 servo laying around in my house...hahaha

Anyone got a spare 6100 gyro to let go???
                        Jack_Mav88
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Planes:
                        1) 90mm Fiberglass F16
                        2) RCL F16I
                        3) Fly Fly 90mm MIG 29 (Building)
                        4) Hyperion KI84 Hayate 40e (Selling)

Heli:
                        1) Trex 700N (MWTS)
                        2) E-Raptor 620
                        3) RJX Extreme 90 (MWTS)
                        4) Hurricane 550 (upgrading)

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                          The vibes from an electric heli and a nitro heli are totally different
                          ....one can shake locktited screws out without even trying !
                          Hum … gyro is to detect rotational (angular) changes and make the adjustments. The design/built will determine how much vibration it can tolerate. The tape is to hold the gyro in place and to isolate the vibrations.
                          Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter
                            Hum … gyro is to detect rotational (angular) changes and make the adjustments. The design/built will determine how much vibration it can tolerate. The tape is to hold the gyro in place and to isolate the vibrations.
                            ya.. when i hold the gyro in my hand..401, 2100t, the servo doesnt move much when the movement is not ard the axis it is supposed to detect..
                            it could be the gyro electronics inside that cannot take the vibration and start malfunction..

btw anyone opened up a 611 and a 401 before to compare side by side?

wonder if we can fit a 611 the "gyro sensing" component into the 401 or some other gyro. I believe it should be some crystal thingy..?
                            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by VinCopter
                              Totally agreed ! .....and the more sensitive the gyro, the less vibration tolarance it is ! .....Ever seen guys flying their helis where the landing skids/tailfins are a blur due to vibrations and they claim they got a losy gyro/tail servo ?

Comment

Working...
                              X