X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY LiPo Charger w/Led + Buzzer!

Heh..

Following the design from http://www.shdesigns.org/lionchg.html

I've managed (FINALLY) to spend some time soldering the circuit together..
    But much to my dismay, i bought wrong resistor!!
    So now am able to do only trickle charge at 0.1C instead of 1C normal charge..

Am testing the trickle charge for 2S 1200ma LiPo now.. seems to be doing fine..
    Like 0.1V every 10mins.. heh...

Also, i've added my own buzzer to the circuit..
    Should be able to beep when charge is finish and not charging..
    Testing the buzzer too..

Will report findings once the charge is completed..
    Currently at 7.60V, i set full charge to 7.62V for testing purposes..

hey,

nice site you found, but what kind of PCB Board are you using to solder those stuff? or did you do etching?

Comment

Hi

I build that charger before. Based on what I experience on it... this is what I can tell:

This charger can charge up to 3Cells (lionchg3.pdf) BUT due to no Step Up DC Converter at the power supply, u need at least 12.6v + 2v = 14.6 or 15V in order to chager 3Cells.

This charger can charge up to 985mA. To charge my 3Cells 1500mAH battery, it took me more than 3Hours to fully charge (LED turn off or Voltage at 1ohm is 6mV. This is equivalent to 6mA).

If you build "lionchg3.pdf" design, the problem of due to resistors use is 5% rating, u need to manually tune the potential port (Variable Resistor) to have accurate o/p voltage for each Cells.

With all that limitation, that is why i purchase Lab Varible Current Variable Voltage Power Supply (Mastech HY3005C)

Super-Hornet

Comment

Working...
      X