Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gyro and rudder trim

Hi all,

Juz a question, I'm using stock df #60 tx/rx/gyro for my heli. I notice when I move the rudder trimmer to adjust after batt connected (ie. during hover), my gyro will keep on blink³~ indicating rudder input was given. This made the gyro pause it's hh giving way to rudder inputs wic of cos heli don't hold properly. To solve, what I did was to plug out/in back the batt after adjusting the rudder trim. That is to adjust the trimmer b4 batt in. Is this normal for other tx/gyro?

Thanks...
    Current Blink²:
    Trex-600N: TTRL53H/H#523/CarbSmart/CYATGv3-Gview/JR770T
    Beam-E4: SC-8/13T/SC-55A/LT2100T

History Blink²:
    Belt-CP
    Walkera-#60

"Every takeoff is optional. Every landing is mandatory."
    Nate Waddoups

Originally posted by Nazar78
    Hi all,

Juz a question, I'm using stock df #60 tx/rx/gyro for my heli. I notice when I move the rudder trimmer to adjust after batt connected (ie. during hover), my gyro will keep on blink³~ indicating rudder input was given. This made the gyro pause it's hh giving way to rudder inputs wic of cos heli don't hold properly. To solve, what I did was to plug out/in back the batt after adjusting the rudder trim. That is to adjust the trimmer b4 batt in. Is this normal for other tx/gyro?

Thanks...
    yeap, what u did was to re-initialise the gyro with the new readings. what i normally do is to trim in non hh mode and reset in hh mode. not sure if yours can switch to non hh or not.

Comment

Yup, u are just re-initialising the default center.
      Trim it in normal mode before switching to AVCS using the switch (I presumed its G006). However, I find the stock gryro does drift slowly.

Comment

nazar,, time to upgrade...
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
          yeap, what u did was to re-initialise the gyro with the new readings. what i normally do is to trim in non hh mode and reset in hh mode. not sure if yours can switch to non hh or not.
          oh ic, tankz broe. i'll try ur method instead. and yes it has both hh avcs + gain & normal. erm u trim in non hh wit or w/o rudder mix?
          Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
          Belt-CP
          Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
            nazar,, time to upgrade...
            muahaha, soon broe. car coming & jr. end of year, need to save other wise my wife, err u noe wat lol...
            Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
            Belt-CP
            Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Originally posted by balance_mind
              Yup, u are just re-initialising the default center.
              Trim it in normal mode before switching to AVCS using the switch (I presumed its G006). However, I find the stock gryro does drift slowly.
              tankz broe, I neva tot of trimming this way, lotz to learn from u guys...
              Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
              Belt-CP
              Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

oh ic, tankz broe. i'll try ur method instead. and yes it has both hh avcs + gain & normal. erm u trim in non hh wit or w/o rudder mix?
                hh gyro dont need rudder mix one bro... and no need to try.. it is the correct way to setup any HH/HL/TL gyro :P always trim.. mechanically(preferred)/electronically in rate mode... than engage the HH
                For sale

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                  hh gyro dont need rudder mix one bro... and no need to try.. it is the correct way to setup any HH/HL/TL gyro :P always trim.. mechanically(preferred)/electronically in rate mode... then engage the HH
                  edited... btw remember to set ur limits while u are at it
                  For sale

Comment

nope i dont touch the rudder mix on my tx but for df60 i think u need to. rightfully the hh should be good enuf but if you have rudder mixing in hh i think the gyro will get confused.

Comment

oo ok, i'll try, tankz all!!!
                      Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                      Belt-CP
                      Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

You are right, one of the knobs do tat (too bad I can't remember which).

Originally posted by awesome
                        nope i dont touch the rudder mix on my tx but for df60 i think u need to. rightfully the hh should be good enuf but if you have rudder mixing in hh i think the gyro will get confused.

Comment

Originally posted by balance_mind
                          However, I find the stock gryro does drift slowly.
                          Ya lar broe, ur rite. becos of this i loose my control when it flies to my side end was hovering at my mscp above head level. Brought it side-backwards, suddenly it drifts to the right, i got disoriented and drop to the floor. Initially it drops on top of the mscp roof, wic i have to climb lol. now quite a few need to replace.

is gy240 good enuff for belt cp?
                          Current Blink²:

History Blink²:
                          Belt-CP
                          Walkera-#60

Nate Waddoups

Comment

Ya lar broe, ur rite. becos of this i loose my control when it flies to my side end was hovering at my mscp above head level. Brought it side-backwards, suddenly it drifts to the right, i got disoriented and drop to the floor. Initially it drops on top of the mscp roof, wic i have to climb lol. now quite a few need to replace.

go 4 a logictech bro.. there's one selling at 125 nia..
                            For sale

Comment

But the drift is still manageable. Flew with tat for awhile

Like wat johndyl said, a LT2100 is also an option. But I still prefer 240 or 401. Real easy to set up and are proven gyros.

Gy240 is pretty good enough for circuits, figure 8s etc. Setting up should not be a problem to u cos it is the same as the G006.

Bring it down to our regular FF, johndyl is already a pro in setting up the LT2100.

Comment

Working...
                              X