Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crashed my trex 600 today (onboard video)

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crashed my trex 600 today (onboard video)

hey guys...i just crashed my 600 today. i constructed a little diy mount made from a door stop bought from daiso and attached my phone cam to it. (you know how i like to attach a cam to the heli)

i was testing it out to see if any vibrations are being sent to the phone that would ruin the video. apparently there's none, it's so stable that it looked like i was just carrying the heli around the parking lot with some motor sounds in the background. very nice mount for $2.

check out the crash towards the end of the video, upon post-crash inspection, one of the blade grip links was split, causing loss of control.

damage report - radix blades now in trash, main gear stripped (forgot to kill throttle) and 1 busted blade link. i was thinking that since it crashed on concrete it would have disintergrated into a thousand pieces, for some reason, that was the only damage.

whew!
    « « « Hirobo R/F Freya Twister - 12FGh » » »

hehe.. its pretty funny
    it sounded really funny at the end of the clip
    will we be able to see it this sunday?
    Heli:
    . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
    . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
    . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
    . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
    . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
    . Ok Model Medallion
    . E*Star Storch
    . ElectriFly S.E.5a
    . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
    . Canon 7D & 500D
    . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
    . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
    . Canon 85mm f1.8
    . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

Originally posted by CKS
      hehe.. its pretty funny
      it sounded really funny at the end of the clip
      will we be able to see it this sunday?
      yep..i agree.. i dont dare to post this here..but since cks has posted...i just kaypo

good luck shaun

Comment

hey shaunt, what blades are you going to use next ?

Comment

Originally posted by shauntot
          hey guys...i just crashed my 600 today. i constructed a little diy mount made from a door stop bought from daiso and attached my phone cam to it. (you know how i like to attach a cam to the heli)

i was testing it out to see if any vibrations are being sent to the phone that would ruin the video. apparently there's none, it's so stable that it looked like i was just carrying the heli around the parking lot with some motor sounds in the background. very nice mount for $2.

check out the crash towards the end of the video, upon post-crash inspection, one of the blade grip links was split, causing loss of control.

damage report - radix blades now in trash, main gear stripped (forgot to kill throttle) and 1 busted blade link. i was thinking that since it crashed on concrete it would have disintergrated into a thousand pieces, for some reason, that was the only damage.

whew!
          wat happen to ur tail rotor? it was flying nicely when it suddenly spin out of control

Comment

hehe thanks guys

yeah it should be up by sunday again, just gonna drop by rotor to pick up a main gear.

it would've sounded more funny if i started cursing after the crash. good thing my phone survived

genexis - still gonna go for radix bro, really nice blades IMO

jason - i don't think it was the tail rotor, upon inspection, one of the ball links from holding the blades had a very tiny crack in it. I suspect it popped off during the last part of the video, causing me to lose control. well I had some control over it for about 3 secs, but not enough to make it land safely

Comment

From mockingbird? The last i heard from ken he is out of stock.

Comment

alamak... just barely how many days from sunday maiden flight..
                Need Australian/Italian Wines ? PM Me...

Comment

nice video it's like one of those computer game where you're on a search and destroy mission unfortunately you got shot first

Comment

Genexis - mockingbird has no stock. I might go with the new Align 600 carbons and test it. Been reading nice reviews of it.

Mavvy - yeah I know. Oh well..actually I'm bit thankful that it crashed now instead of at the field because the damage was very minimal. If it was at the field and the heli was high up and doing some manuevers, and the ball link snapped, the damage could have been worse...

Probasz - yeah, now that you mentioned it, it does look like a "search and destroy" mission hehe. Enemy caught me first though. Black Hawk down!

Lesson learned here I think. Always do a thorough pre-flight check. And I do mean thorough, including inspecting every single link for possible cracks

Comment

Dont think the cause of crash was due to damaged blade grip link man. What caused the piro?
                      Don't PCW

Beam E4
                      Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
                      Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

Helirulz - can't pinpoint anything else, that was the only thing that was broken aside from the blades and main gear. I checked my tail servo and gyro after the crash, looks like it's still functioning normally so I think I'll rule that out. Can't say that the gyro locked out on me, because I usually piro this thing really fast without any problems (but there's always a first time for problems of course).

The slow piro was initiated by me and it suddenly spun out, and while it was spinning, I had some control because I was still able to prevent it from crashing on the 1st wall in front. Didn't manage to avoid the wall on the right side though. It was like doing a chaos in your bedroom, that's what if felt like

Comment

Working...
                        X