Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap or good lipo?

was thinking, which is better? to go for cheap 20C lipos like DN,TT,HXT or expensive ones like TP ext, FP?

other than cheap ones are prone to bloating early on... do they affect actual performance for the maybe first 50 cycles?

the more expensive ones also bloat sometimes even when they are run under their 25C spec..
    For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Very difficult to answer your question bro ! .....some of the cheaper Lipos are really very bad ! .....just storing it for 3 months (Brand new) and it starts bloating .....on the other hand, I've seen some really cheap Lipos perform as well if not better than the expensive branded ones.

In the end, it boils down to how much you wanna pay and how well you take care of them !
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
      Very difficult to answer your question bro ! .....some of the cheaper Lipos are really very bad ! .....just storing it for 3 months (Brand new) and it starts bloating .....on the other hand, I've seen some really cheap Lipos perform as well if not better than the expensive branded ones.

In the end, it boils down to how much you wanna pay and how well you take care of them !
      ok big bro.. any recommendations, pm me?
      For sale

Comment

Bro see my post for :

Brand New In Box DN 3S 3200mah 20C 11.1V 64A/128A Burst 261g Lipo $105

Comment

Originally posted by jefng
          Bro see my post for :

Brand New In Box DN 3S 3200mah 20C 11.1V 64A/128A Burst 261g Lipo $105
          too big for trex/mini T la
          For sale

Comment

im using china brand cheapo lipo
            it last longer than the align lipo

Comment

Originally posted by zattan22
              im using china brand cheapo lipo
              it last longer than the align lipo
              3e?
              For sale

Comment

I'm using HXT which is rated for 20C 44A but i'm normally around 12A - 32A so far after 15 cycles and charge them at 2.2A its still very taut but still early to say. Fingers crossed for the upcoming cycles...
                Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by protyne
                  I'm using HXT which is rated for 20C 44A but i'm normally around 12A - 32A so far after 15 cycles and charge them at 2.2A its still very taut but still early to say. Fingers crossed for the upcoming cycles...
                  think i'll be running them ard 40A peak.. keep us updated ;)
                  For sale

Comment

A123

Hi,

Alternatively use A123 cells if your plan/Heli is big to get the pwer to weight ratio.

I have start to use it since weekend and have been successful in madien my E550 with 8S A123 getting around 2100rpm and 5mins flight.

Today managed to run 8S2P getting close to 2200rpm with a flight time of slightly more then 9mins.

oh yes...you can fit 16 A123s into the stock E550 frame with reconfiguration of the A123 cells from dewalt power pack and add in TP style balancing.

Jonathan

Comment

can you show me a picture of how you put 16S into it? I mange to do it with 15S, but i do not like the way the batteries were arranged.

Comment

How about the new Kong Power Lipos from RCE Hobby? Rated 25C discharge, any reviews on the batts?
                        [SIZE=1][B]Back to hovering!!![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

here you go

Originally posted by genexis
                          can you show me a picture of how you put 16S into it? I mange to do it with 15S, but i do not like the way the batteries were arranged.
                          Sorry cant get a picture without the canopy now. I am sticking a magnet for my DPR on so cant move it. I think these picture will give you a good idea. 2 by 2 configure while keeping it slim, washer to fatten the frame on the left side a bit uneven as right side with very minimun washer due to the rubber control rod.

Jonathan
                          any news on the A123?

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI
                            Hi,

Alternatively use A123 cells if your plan/Heli is big to get the pwer to weight ratio.

I have start to use it since weekend and have been successful in madien my E550 with 8S A123 getting around 2100rpm and 5mins flight.

Today managed to run 8S2P getting close to 2200rpm with a flight time of slightly more then 9mins.

oh yes...you can fit 16 A123s into the stock E550 frame with reconfiguration of the A123 cells from dewalt power pack and add in TP style balancing.

Jonathan
                            wah too big... and the 4s a123 is really heavy for my trex..

if iwere to go eraptor or trex600e way.. will surely use them
                            For sale

Comment

Originally posted by Art2
                              How about the new Kong Power Lipos from RCE Hobby? Rated 25C discharge, any reviews on the batts?
                              they seem abit too heavy leh 190+g.............
                              For sale

Comment

Working...
                              X