Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooops! Typo error. I mean:
    Some feel that for elevated tail, it DO NOT tilt/slanted more than inline tail rotor.

Sorry for that.

For ppl who used to CW rotation, he/she will see that for CCW, it tilted more onto the right more than CW tilted to the left. This is normal. When I start going CCW, the first thing I notice is the tilting more to right....but after a while, I get used to it and now, I do not see the tilting anymore.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
      Flexible cable
      Adv:
      1. More suitable for scale because can easily hide the linkages
      2. Easier to do.
      Disadv:
      1. The flexible can must securely fasten in order to prevent it from flexing.
      2. May have higher friction than normal rod type.

Rod linkage with L linkage
      Adv:
      1. Less friction
      2. Stronger
      Disadv:
      1. More difficult to do because u have to develop the L linkage mounting and the routing
      2. Maybe uglier.

Using L plate => easiest way is to use servo horn "+" shape. Servo to L plate/linkage is just like normal. Then From L plate to tail control is just like normal servo horn to tail control.

SH
      I'm using the rod linage method.. using a triangle CF piece with bearing to maintain smoothness.. but you're rite.. hard to hide if i go scale.. looking into flexi cable now. this is more fun than flying.. oops..confirm kana when shifu reads this.
      Guys.. I can't do 3D. So if you see me flying inverted, I'm in trouble...

Comment

what material you using for the mounting branket? how are your screws place to sandwich the 2 boom tubes??
        I'm back!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hello_hellohello
          one more question about the elevated tail. During flight for the elevated tail, is it better than the conventional single straight tail boom design or is it more diffcult to control.
          can built the tail rotor axis higher than rotor disk. the main purpose of the elevated tail is to prevent side drift for the heli(from book i read long time ago).

Comment

Originally posted by greenh0rn
            I'm using the rod linage method.. using a triangle CF piece with bearing to maintain smoothness.. but you're rite.. hard to hide if i go scale.. looking into flexi cable now. this is more fun than flying.. oops..confirm kana when shifu reads this.
            Hi greenhorn, what material you using for the mounting branket? how are your screws place to sandwich the 2 boom tubes??
            I'm back!!!!

Comment

alternatively you can mount your servo at the back and route the wires.. i wont know about fitting a scale fuse that way tho

Comment

Hi greenhorn, what material you using for the mounting branket? how are your screws place to sandwich the 2 boom tubes??
                using CF for the sandwich plates

Comment

Mounting servo at the rear end..at the elevated tail is another way...but this method will cause the tail to be even more heavier.

Also, can't hide well in scale because in scale with elevated tail, that tail fin tend to be very thin.

The easiest way to mount the 2 boom together is to use back the same tail case.

SH

Comment

greenhorn got a very nice pic there looks like maybe i can keep my beltcp and mod it into a scale heli.. i was considering if i should sell it ha

Comment

For HB King 1 and 2, the closest scale that is nice and maybe can fit it and I can think of is:
                      BBI's 1:18 scale Kiowa.

SH

Comment

i am looking to make it to UH-1H. any ideal where i can get the UH-1H Fuselage?
                        I'm back!!!!

Comment

i am looking to make it to UH-1H. any ideal where i can get the UH-1H Fuselage?
                          wah.. that wan machiam like flybarless.. brave.. very brave

Comment

Good mah! When is the last time u try something different/new? Anyway, if u want to go scale on the rotor head... U GOT TO LOOSE THAT Flybar+Paddles....except if your scale heli is Bell 47

Too bad there is no "Stabilizer Arm/Bar" type of R/C scale rotor head for TRex size (Big one have...by Vario). If have, then it will be nice for Huey UH-1C/H

As for scale body of UH-1H... I not sure leh.

EDIT: Ehh.. u did try something new. 3 Bladed TRex! Sorry for that

SH

Comment

using CF for the sandwich plates
                              nice piece greenh0rn! Is this piece DIY made or bought from shop?

Comment

everything is experimental, hope i can complete the scale transformation by end of year
                                I'm back!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X