Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Stuff from HK

Hi guys,

Need some advice from you guys..... Have any of you bought stuff online from shops in HK and shipped it over to here? How trustworthy are these shops when it comes to this sort of stuff? Am thinking of buying some stuff from this HK shop rc711.com, as it actually costs lesser than over here even with the shipping costs included... But am wondering if its worth taking the risk (if theres any).

Have any of you guys bought stuff from this place? Care to share any experience you had, be it good or bad?

Thank you for your time.

Cheers
    Thunder Tiger 50 Titan SE
    YS 56SR wif Hatori muffler
    Align DS610 for cyclics
    JR770T + JR8900G
    JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
    Savox BSM 1650KV + CC85HV
    MKS9660 for cyclics
    Mini Vbar 5.2 Pro + BLS251
    JR DSX9

Bought my Belt CP from rcmodel. They delivered within 3 days and in perfect condition. You can safely order from Hong Kong after my experience.
    Heli 1 : Trex XL CDE modified

Heli 2: CopterX450SEV2

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy
      Bought my Belt CP from rcmodel. They delivered within 3 days and in perfect condition. You can safely order from Hong Kong after my experience.
      what are the shipping costs for shipping to singapore?

Comment

hi

just that if something is spoiled eg the tx .you send back will cost you $30 .there is certain risk .

Comment

so far, no problem for me. have got from flying-hobby.com and it was alright. tower hobbies in usa as well. think most of the online reputable shops are alright. they do pretty large business and are safe. but if items spoil, then may be problem la. alternative is to physically go to hk every year or so. tickets not expensive, and you can bundle purchase for your friends and split the airticket cost.

Comment

Thank you all so much for your inputs. Currently am looking at buying stuff from rc711.com. Is there other shops that are selling cheaper that this shop? The shipping charges are about $25 for items up to 2kg. Right now trying to weigh the pros and cons about purchasing overseas.

Cheers
            Thunder Tiger 50 Titan SE
            YS 56SR wif Hatori muffler
            Align DS610 for cyclics
            JR770T + JR8900G
            JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
            Savox BSM 1650KV + CC85HV
            MKS9660 for cyclics
            Mini Vbar 5.2 Pro + BLS251
            JR DSX9

Comment