Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine wont start

Hi all,

i was hovering my R50 when the engine suddenly die off. tried to restart but engine just dont fire. then i try pushin the throttle near mid stick & start again. this time engine start up but die off immediately after i pull down the throttle to idle. any expert out there knows wats goin on?

glow plug & clunk line was recently changed, had about 6-7 flights b4 this happens.
    More Birds, More Luck!!

change plug and try.

Check if needle has been shifted due to vibes.

Check bearing, broken piston ring due to bad bearing can cause that too. I.e, engine will start at higher throttle but cannot idle and lots of smoke but no power and headspeed.

sigpic

Comment

first thing is to try changing your glow plug...might be the cause...

Airplane:
      GWS Zero Fighter (retired)
      Phoenix .40 Classic Trainer (crashed)
      Phoenix .40 Laser (retired)
      GWS Estarter (building)

Helicopter:
      Hirobo Sceadu Evo 50 w/ .30 engine (retired)
      Trex 450XL CDE (retired)

Its not the takeoff and flying, its the landing and repairing, so that you can takeoff and fly again...

Comment

Tried changing the glow plug with another spare 1, still the same..
        More Birds, More Luck!!

Comment

It maybe a good idea, to open up your engine and check what is happening inside.
          These engines are pretty good. If you are doing hovering, I can't see any reason for the engine to cut suddenly unless there is some mechanical failure.
          Do, check the engine. Also, like what the other suggested, check for lose linkage.

Originally posted by razerback
          Hi all,

i was hovering my R50 when the engine suddenly die off. tried to restart but engine just dont fire. then i try pushin the throttle near mid stick & start again. this time engine start up but die off immediately after i pull down the throttle to idle. any expert out there knows wats goin on?

glow plug & clunk line was recently changed, had about 6-7 flights b4 this happens.

Comment

sorry guys 4get to add, engine is an OS 50 hyper. another thing is tat i can turn the starter shaft by hand, can feel the piston movin.
            More Birds, More Luck!!

Comment

The first time when your engine dies off,
              1) did the rpm increase before it died, or
              2) did the engine sound like it is bogging down, or
              3) it just stop all of a sudden?

sorry guys 4get to add, engine is an OS 50 hyper. another thing is tat i can turn the starter shaft by hand, can feel the piston movin.

Comment

if piston is stuck then you woun't be able to start in the first place Check piston ring and piston. Broken ring and piston sometimes still able start and run.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mave
                  The first time when your engine dies off,
                  1) did the rpm increase before it died, or
                  2) did the engine sound like it is bogging down, or
                  3) it just stop all of a sudden?
                  the engine die suddenly ma chiam i push the throttle cut switch... i've change a new engine & keep this 1 as spare. i'm tearin the old engine up to see wats goin on inside. in addition to dis problem, the engine always leak fuel, after every flight the engine case will be soak wif fuel, i've tighten every bolt, still can't find the area tat leak.
                  More Birds, More Luck!!

Comment

ah good, you are beginning zoom in on the engine issue. Leakage is a serious problem. Maybe there is a crack somewhere?

Engine shouldn't die suddenly

the engine die suddenly ma chiam i push the throttle cut switch... i've change a new engine & keep this 1 as spare. i'm tearin the old engine up to see wats goin on inside. in addition to dis problem, the engine always leak fuel, after every flight the engine case will be soak wif fuel, i've tighten every bolt, still can't find the area tat leak.

Comment

Originally posted by mave
                      Engine shouldn't die suddenly
                      Yup ! .....they usually make your heli do the funky chicken dance before dying ! .....Sorry ! ...couldn't resist !
                      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

confirm it to be bearing or piston ring problem...you will notice the engine is also spitting bright pink fuel....( IF using CP )

time for a new hyper la.....

if you can crank the engine by hand...SURE piston ring..
                        TREX 500 ESP
                        Futaba T12FGH

Comment

If u can turn the starter shaft by hand then most likely ur piston n ring gone as there's no compression. That happened to me twice. Similiar case as urs. Take out the exhaust and check thru the port to see the piston and if not, dismantle the cooling block and check it.

Comment

im able to turn by hand too! with some pressure.. or u mean turn freely evenly on full revolution of the crank?

em. im new to nitro

Originally posted by vintcs
                            If u can turn the starter shaft by hand then most likely ur piston n ring gone as there's no compression. That happened to me twice. Similiar case as urs. Take out the exhaust and check thru the port to see the piston and if not, dismantle the cooling block and check it.
                            Heli:
                            . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
                            . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
                            . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
                            . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
                            . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
                            . Ok Model Medallion
                            . E*Star Storch
                            . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                            . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
                            . Canon 7D & 500D
                            . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                            . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                            . Canon 85mm f1.8
                            . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

Originally posted by CKS
                              im able to turn by hand too! with some pressure.. or u mean turn freely evenly on full revolution of the crank?

em. im new to nitro
                              haha...CKS, if u cant feel any restriction when u turn it with your starter shaft in the direction which the starter crank up the engine, then mostly the compression is weaken. Better to check....now im getting a new engine instead of repairing the old one as im replacing the liner also this time round. the first time only piston n ring.

Comment

Working...
                              X