Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dean connector causes sparks use on Walkera#36

Hi bro's,

Does anyone encounter any problem when using dean connectors? I had encountered after I changed it to dean. This caused my previous ESC burnt. . Now i got a new ESC but the problem seem still there. My good fren help me to solder and he told me there's still sparks when trying to connect the batt & esc. Hope you guys could advice on this.. thanks!

Normally thats a small sparks while connecting with deans but so far that doesn't burn off any of my electronics stuffs. If you do not want any sparks to connect the batt to esc, my advise is to change your connectors to bullet type. Those 3.5mm connectors that some flyer are using it. Connect the Red wire first and follow by Black wire. Then it will not sparks when connecting.

Comment

You can use a high ampere switch to turn on/off the heli instead of connecting and disconnecting the dean everytime you want to on and off the heli. I soldered it to the red battery terminal of the ESC/BEC.
      Heli 1 : Trex XL CDE modified

Heli 2: CopterX450SEV2

Comment

Guys, thank you both of your advices. So now I know now that the sparks thing is normal.
        Have a nice day... cheers!

Comment

the other way is to connect the vert end(red) slightly b4 the horizontal end(black)..

i seldom hear ppl burn their esc because of this though..

been using deans with align and cc35 and no probs
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

just noticed u are flying the walkera 36.. so i presume u burnt the stock esc..

it probably couldnt cut it :P btw are u running on stock brushed motor and esc? if u r it could explain the burnt esc when u tried running on Lipo
            For sale

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
              just noticed u are flying the walkera 36.. so i presume u burnt the stock esc..

it probably couldnt cut it :P btw are u running on stock brushed motor and esc? if u r it could explain the burnt esc when u tried running on Lipo
              yes bro..it's the stock esc but brushless motor on Lipo 3 cell 11.1v
              thanks for your comment/ feedback...cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by midi
                Brushless Motor on a stock ESC??? Possible???

Maybe that explains why you keep burning out your ESC, cos a brush motor ESC and a brushless motor ESC are two different kinds of ESC.
                [SIZE=1][B]Back to hovering!!![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

is ur stock esc a brushed or brushless one?

if it is a brushed one change to a hobbywing pentium 40a, quark33 or a cc35. hobbywing is the cheapest of coz..
                  For sale

Comment

is ur stock esc a brushed or brushless one?

if it is a brushed one change to a hobbywing pentium 40a, quark33 or a cc35. hobbywing is the cheapest of coz..
                    should be brushless esc too. my walkera36 is the upgrade version. now i'm using DualSky brushless esc with 40a. But my concern now is, the esc & motor getting quite hot when my fren tested it. I'm scared it will burn my esc again.
                    BTW, it is normal that the esc & motor getting hot to quick? please advice..!
                    thanks.

Comment

should be brushless esc too. my walkera36 is the upgrade version. now i'm using DualSky brushless esc with 40a. But my concern now is, the esc & motor getting quite hot when my fren tested it. I'm scared it will burn my esc again.
                      BTW, it is normal that the esc & motor getting hot to quick? please advice..!
                      thanks.
                      could be an setup issue......
                      make sure there is a little gap between the motor pinion(small drive gear) and the main gear(driven gear on the main shaft(connected to rotor head))

also try to run ur motor at 80%-90% of its max.. it will be more efficient.. downsize a pinion if u have to
                      For sale

Comment

could be an setup issue......
                        make sure there is a little gap between the motor pinion(small drive gear) and the main gear(driven gear on the main shaft(connected to rotor head))

also try to run ur motor at 80%-90% of its max.. it will be more efficient.. downsize a pinion if u have to
                        sure...let me try as advice n will get back on the results. thanks john

Comment

sure...let me try as advice n will get back on the results. thanks john
                          For sale

Comment

My good fren had put the ESC on the outerside instead of right below the batt. Now it's back to normal. Thanks for all the advices..

Comment

Working...
                            X