Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeybee FP No power

hi, recenly i notice my HB FP cant really fly up to like 2meters high...after i fully charge my battery is powerful for the first min onli then cant really fly high...

I just change my main motor 370 10t. New lipo 2s battery.. maybe i guess is the main blade that is giving the problem..i wonder can u guys teach me how to track the blade or to see if the blade needs tracking bending...too much curve also not gd am i right to say that...

My heli is fix with a super skid...but some tell me that super skid r heavy. some say..with super skid can stilly fly high w still using 2s battery...

so whats the conclusion ....

blade tracking:

first,make a marking to differentiate the blades like a spot of liquid paper or something on one of the blades
    when you have you done that
    throttle up while holding heli down and look from the side, then if the blades are out of track, you will see that there are 2 shadows of the blades that are moving

locate the blade that has the marking that you made earlier on
    now:
    -if the demarcated blade is on the top, then its pitch is too high,try to reduce the angle of attack by twisting the blade
    -if the demarcated blade is on the bottom, increase its pitch by twisting the blade to a higher pitch

when you throttle up and look from the side, and the end of the blades are in a straight line,blade tracking is perfect

just my 2 cents worth

Comment

same issue with me last time. hehe... now i know what is your problem.

try this, hold both blades and pull it straight outward to make it straight
      first then bend/rotate clockwise. after u done that, run the main blade
      at 85% full speed. level your eyes with the blade(best if u see under the
      light), if the blade no shadow/tracking than you should be able to fly the
      heli.

hope this will solve your problem.
      Mini Titan E325
      Dualsky XController 40A
      Dualsky XMotor XM2834CH-8
      GY240

Charger & Tx
      Tahmazo T15-AC with T6B Balancer
      Hitec Optic 6 Electron(given to other user)
      No TX at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by mtyw8888
        hi, recenly i notice my HB FP cant really fly up to like 2meters high...after i fully charge my battery is powerful for the first min onli then cant really fly high...

I just change my main motor 370 10t. New lipo 2s battery.. maybe i guess is the main blade that is giving the problem..i wonder can u guys teach me how to track the blade or to see if the blade needs tracking bending...too much curve also not gd am i right to say that...

My heli is fix with a super skid...but some tell me that super skid r heavy. some say..with super skid can stilly fly high w still using 2s battery...

so whats the conclusion ....
        IMO,

How high are you hovering now?

Superskids doesn't affect weight that much.

It doesn't matter how much you bend the main blades. Some bending can improve lift.

For blade tracking, loosen slightly the screws and throttle up for a while for the blades to straighten naturally.
        "Keep Fly'in Till They're Dry."
        Mini Titan E325 SE Version
        Full CNC Metal Rotor and Tail
        Futaba GY401/Futaba 9257
        Hitec Optic 6 Electron/HS65HB
        Maiden on 26 Aug 2007

Comment

i can hover highest with super skid 4meters after 30seconds down again...i track and bend my blades till my fingers ache but still the same..

Comment

if all the things have been done, maybe the electronics are spoilt. cause you bought second hand right? did you ask the seller to demonstrate to you till the batt die? i guess not. these are the cons for buying a 2nd hand. offered you my heli, you dont want

Comment

Originally posted by lampard

if all the things have been done, maybe the electronics are spoilt. cause you bought second hand right? did you ask the seller to demonstrate to you till the batt die? i guess not. these are the cons for buying a 2nd hand. offered you my heli, you dont want
              hello what the hell u talking abt..since when did i buy second hand!!! which EAR did u hear from and money is mine i have every rights to buy from who ever i want. so please stay out!!!

Comment

bro reading your thread and what you have done...

you may have over-bent your blades so much so it induces more drag than lift. unbend both of them and try again.

also check you didn't connect the main motor and tail motor to the wrong port of the 4-in-1.

Comment

hello what the hell u talking abt..since when did i buy second hand!!! which EAR did u hear from and money is mine i have every rights to buy from who ever i want. so please stay out!!!
                  sorry bro, wrong person. thought you are the one pm the seller from market place so SORRY

Comment

Originally posted by lampard
                    sorry bro, wrong person. thought you are the one pm the seller from market place so SORRY
                    In future PLEASE Cheack/Read before posting

Comment

In future PLEASE Cheack/Read before posting
                      sorry lah...ok lets not poison this thread.

good luck bro

Comment

Originally posted by detach8
                        bro reading your thread and what you have done...

you may have over-bent your blades so much so it induces more drag than lift. unbend both of them and try again.

also check you didn't connect the main motor and tail motor to the wrong port of the 4-in-1.
                        alright bro will check...but how do u explain everytime when i fully charge my battery.. lipo.. it can fly pretty high... but after abt 30s or more will start to drop in high..this is the question which im trying to figure out...Headace

Comment

that's because lipos have a very consistent voltage at around 3.7v per cell (2S=7.4v) thru the lifespan of its charge. the initial charge may bring it up to 4.2v per cell but that doesn't live long

See: http://www.modelflight.com.au/images/xpower_10c.jpg

that means when your cell is fully charged (2S=8.4V) your heli could fly but after about the first min the voltage drops to 7.4V and that voltage is not enough to maintain the power to fly your heli. and this same amount of power will last you thru the flight until your battery finally flattens out near the end, that's when you see the drastic drop in voltage.

Comment

i can hover highest with super skid 4meters after 30seconds down again...i track and bend my blades till my fingers ache but still the same..
                            Hmm.. what is the capacity of your lipos (how many mAh)?

For 1000mAh, one can expect to squeeze only 2-3mins of decent flight only.

And furthermore you mentioned hovering at 4m, probably at max throttle thereabouts. The lipos may be draining after 30s flight time.

So this could be normal after all. Can get more lipos or try higher capacity to increase flight time.
                            "Keep Fly'in Till They're Dry."
                            Mini Titan E325 SE Version
                            Full CNC Metal Rotor and Tail
                            Futaba GY401/Futaba 9257
                            Hitec Optic 6 Electron/HS65HB
                            Maiden on 26 Aug 2007

Comment

in fact, there can be anything which cause the no power
                              to check the lipo....
                              i believe you should use the stock battery to check first
                              or even try to borrow from some DH member
                              dun go into buying so fast..
                              in the end, it may cause you waste $$$$..

Comment

Working...
                              X