Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi 2 ol, im beginner of dis hobby, anybody will help me to teach how 2 hover?my heli is nitro(shuttle plus).Some people told me must buy simulator,some are not.Im just confused.Il stay at pasir ris.

Regards,
    ajplus

wow, how u ended up with Nitro Heli when u sitll not sure how to hoover or also how to start the engine or other setting
    JR9XII PCM 72.xxx n XPS n FRSKY 2.4GHz

me is " Kancheong spider "

Comment

try to post in the funfly thread near ur area to ask for help..
      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

wow... starting off with a nitro already? Maybe you can start with something smaller first? Like a HB FP or a King2 for orientation learning first? Sim is good in a sense you can learn orientation too and it cos nothing if you crash your heli there.
        In Hangar
        Mini Titan with stock motor and ESC
        GY401
        HS65 for cyclics
        Futaba 9257 for tail
        Dualsky Xpower 2100mah
        Gforced DX7 on 2.4GHz
        Good to go!!! Go go go!

In Garage
        Tokyo Marui Tiger I RC Tank

Comment

Originally posted by ajplus
          hi 2 ol, im beginner of dis hobby, anybody will help me to teach how 2 hover?my heli is nitro(shuttle plus).Some people told me must buy simulator,some are not.Im just confused.Il stay at pasir ris.

Regards,
          ajplus
          I'm also surprised that u start off ur 1st heli as a nitro. But well, some ppl does that.

Since u already have that nitro heli, look out of ppl in ur area also play nitro. In this way they can guide u with the setting up n flying.

Hovering is not a thing that can be taught , we onli can advise. The rest is up to ur judgement, ur reaction & ur hand-eye co-ordination. I believe in crash to learn.

Simulator is a training program that will helps u to save money, there may be some who will disagree. Anyway, u can use tat program to train when the weather is not good, can't find khakis to fly with, lazy to go out, train new tricks or heli down.

Up to u to decide. But is a good investment.

Quote from a friend: Spend money to save money!!!
          haha

Comment

starting with nitro is not a prob, infact it is easier to hover because it is heavier and bigger.

u do need some experienced person to help u with the checks and trimming first
            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

i totally agree with johndyl. in fact starting with a nitro first is much easier. provided with instructor supervision. the bigger the better. of course, the deeper your pocket. hehe.

however, i do believe in flying small electric helis first, like mini titan or trex coz its more difficult than nitro and cheaper. so when it comes to nitro, its chicken feet plus backside.

Simulator is a great way to learn coz u can crash 1000x until your computer crash la.

Danny.
              Kedi AH !

Comment

You don't really need a simulator to learn. However, it makes learning a bit easier. For hovering, or as a matter of fact, any other manuveurs, the only thing that people can help is advice. The fingers are yours, brain is yours, all you gotta do is coordinate them

Its perfectly alright to start with nitro heli. In fact, I think, if you can afford it, the bigger the heli you start out with, the faster you will learn. Nothing beats having power and stability at your finger tips. What you have to do is read and read and read more. Ask when you are uncertain. Trial and error is for the bankers.

Two approach to learning. 1. Fly with others and shamelessly ask for help. People will generally be glad to give you a helping hand, but you must ASK for it it. No one is born with knowledge to fly. 2. learn to fly alone with the help of internet and forum. It is possible to learn all by yourself, but you will need a lot of time, effort and money. Only recommended for ah sia kia who can afford to spend whole day on hobby w/o having to work.

sigpic

Comment

Actually, Nitro heli is easier to setup then a Trex or a Mini-T, as they usually uses those so call mechanicals CCPM where it uses only 1 servo for the ccpm.

Anyway, good choice on starting out with a Nitro, as even experience nitro flyer will crash their Trex, but not their nitro heli.

Given it's longer rotor blades, the heli will be a lot easier to hover as compared with a 400 size EP, but do pay lot's of attention on the electronics especially the RX battery, as you'll want to make sure there's enough power to power your servos, as you don't want a flat rx battery while you're flying, and when this happen, depending on where your heli is.. if it's on the ground, the engine will continue to run, while you look on hopelessly, or the worse that can happen is when the batt goes flat while the heli is a few feet above the ground.. This I'm speaking from personal experience.. Really scary man

Lastly.. Try not to crash your heli.. and don't rush.. Take your time, as crashing is really not about having deep pocket or not, but rather the time required for recovery, and the trips to the LHS..

Originally posted by jansonfinn
                  I'm also surprised that u start off ur 1st heli as a nitro. But well, some ppl does that.

Since u already have that nitro heli, look out of ppl in ur area also play nitro. In this way they can guide u with the setting up n flying.

Hovering is not a thing that can be taught , we onli can advise. The rest is up to ur judgement, ur reaction & ur hand-eye co-ordination. I believe in crash to learn.

Simulator is a training program that will helps u to save money, there may be some who will disagree. Anyway, u can use tat program to train when the weather is not good, can't find khakis to fly with, lazy to go out, train new tricks or heli down.

Up to u to decide. But is a good investment.

Quote from a friend: Spend money to save money!!!
                  haha

Comment

i feel the best way to learn is to have multiple helis (there're no one perfect heli anyway)

i'll start with microheli for learning hovering and other basic which can be done anytime in MSCP .. dont think i'll learn as fast with nitro if im starting since i dont have the luxury of time except during wkends

then proceed to bigger heli after certain 'milestone' in flying
                    Heli:
                    . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
                    . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
                    . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
                    . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
                    . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
                    . Ok Model Medallion
                    . E*Star Storch
                    . ElectriFly S.E.5a
                    . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
                    . Canon 7D & 500D
                    . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
                    . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
                    . Canon 85mm f1.8
                    . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

hmmm, in my option, learning how to hover on a sim will greatly benefits you in real flying on the field. for me that is how i reduce pilot errors and learning from the mistakes from the sim. but its a total different story if u use FMS.

Danny.
                      Kedi AH !

Comment

Definitely get yourself a simulator. It will save you alot of money from crashing. I personally started learning to hover without anyone help but a simulator. I was shy to ask for help as I'm in a foreign land and there wasn't much heli flyer at the local club. Spend lots of time on the sim. It will help alot.

I would not suggest flying alone as you have no knowledge for a nitro heli. You would not want to get hurt from starting the heli wrongly or having the heli hit you when you are alone and no want to call for help if needed.

Since you are staying in Pasir Ris, there are a few area that have ppl flying nitro.

1. Tampines Bike Park.
                        2. Tampines Industrial Ave 5 (Opp Ikea)
                        3. HQCD along Tampines Ave 10
                        4. Punggol Area/Fernvale Area

I personally fly at 2 and 3. I'm not a very good flyer or builder but can try to help if you need. If not, there are alot of helpful flyer at site 2. Most of them are flying the Rap50. If you ask, they will definitely help you.

Just dun be shy, come to a FF and ask for help!!!!

Enjoy your flying!!

P.S. Do not try to start or fly your heli without any help. It may end up ugly as you have no experience in nitro stuff as they can be very dangerous.

Cheers
                        Jack_Mav88
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Planes:
                        1) 90mm Fiberglass F16
                        2) RCL F16I
                        3) Fly Fly 90mm MIG 29 (Building)
                        4) Hyperion KI84 Hayate 40e (Selling)

Heli:
                        1) Trex 700N (MWTS)
                        2) E-Raptor 620
                        3) RJX Extreme 90 (MWTS)
                        4) Hurricane 550 (upgrading)

Comment

Originally posted by ajplus

Regards,
                          ajplus
                          Outstanding choice for a start bro. You can never go wrong to start with a nitro. I started small on Honey Bee then to a T-rex and then a raptor. If i had known, just threw all the cash on the nitro man..its way easier to fly and anyway you eventually gonna end with a nitro anyway....
                          Try to hook up with a fellow pilot here and join a funfly. Good choice bro, never to early to learn on them..
                          My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
                          (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
                          (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
                          (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
                          (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
                          (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
                          Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
                          JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

Originally posted by jack_mav88
                            Definitely get yourself a simulator. It will save you alot of money from crashing. I personally started learning to hover without anyone help but a simulator. I was shy to ask for help as I'm in a foreign land and there wasn't much heli flyer at the local club. Spend lots of time on the sim. It will help alot.

I would not suggest flying alone as you have no knowledge for a nitro heli. You would not want to get hurt from starting the heli wrongly or having the heli hit you when you are alone and no want to call for help if needed.

Since you are staying in Pasir Ris, there are a few area that have ppl flying nitro.

1. Tampines Bike Park.
                            2. Tampines Industrial Ave 5 (Opp Ikea)
                            3. HQCD along Tampines Ave 10
                            4. Punggol Area/Fernvale Area

I personally fly at 2 and 3. I'm not a very good flyer or builder but can try to help if you need. If not, there are alot of helpful flyer at site 2. Most of them are flying the Rap50. If you ask, they will definitely help you.

Just dun be shy, come to a FF and ask for help!!!!

Enjoy your flying!!

P.S. Do not try to start or fly your heli without any help. It may end up ugly as you have no experience in nitro stuff as they can be very dangerous.

Cheers
                            Thanks bro. I hope we meet someday & help me 2 guide in this hobby. U can reach me on dis no. 81579463.

Comment

Working...
                            X