Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remember that your pitch curev is not your Throttle curve!!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

remember that your pitch curev is not your Throttle curve!!

ok by the heading I have another entry to the heli darwin awards.

just installed the new MS ESC and went out side to test.
    noticed that the 0 throttle was actualyy pulling out the head above the pins on my hornet. si I started to play with the setting ..the pitch curve and the idle up curve too.

I also had to reset the throttle curev for the new esc.

some here in all the settings I managed to set my idle up curve to that of a throttle curve.... ie 100 , 85, 75, 85 , 100 .....

well started to hover ....esc going ok decided to switch into idle up ,, click ....boom up she went!! quckly reduced the throttle ..that only made her go up faster ..as I was panicing and watching my heli become a small dott in the sky I quickly hit the throttle hold...well that worked from stopping it going up didnt it!!
    now it flared at about 120m up and was starting to plumet like a stone!!!
    I quickly flicked it back to normal curve and offed the throttle hold...
    but as per most gov took a bit of time to start up ..still falling .......

at about 10 m up I had enought head speed and had some control but I was just not good enough ....over correction all over the place and ended up hitting the trees from the people next door and crashed at the foot of their trees.

went in to see the damage ...
    report:
    1 bent shaft
    1 striped gear
    1 broken tail boom ( repairable with al tubing)

and thats it!!! well so far have taken it apart and am about to rebuild .... but the bottom line

The throttle curve is not the pitch curve!!! at no time should your pitch curve look like a V ...

oh well back to the building

ouch.

sorry to see that your hornet screwed up.

what makes r/c heli fun is to see you own heli fall.. lol

Comment

edited

Comment

Poor Doug, guess u went head over heels when u got the MS esc. Painful lesson.... ain't it... Gimme a holler if u want any extra hands... ..... I'm free after tomorrow!!!!

Comment

thanks for the offer mate ..should have her back up and flying by noon tomorrow Just need to get the main gear thats all.

lesson learnt

Comment

Lol! It happened to me a couple of times. Wanted to adjust the throttle curve but ended up going to the pitch curve menu. Sometimes just as I am about to press down the dial, the dial moved and end up selecting something I did not want to select in the first place. But so far been lucky to spot it before i fly!
            -Feda Dragonfly
            -Hornet 2
            -Pilot OK Turmeric
            -Zoom Zoom 4D
            -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
            -Hornet X3D
            -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
            -Formosa 1
            -World Models Spot On 50
            -HB King 2
            -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
            -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
            (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

Originally posted by MicroHeli-Nut
              Poor Doug, guess u went head over heels when u got the MS esc. Painful lesson.... ain't it... Gimme a holler if u want any extra hands... ..... I'm free after tomorrow!!!!
              Doug,
              Too excited heh? glad to hear it's reparable!
              Have heard good things about that ms esc though!

Does that mean we'll see u at Bishan this Sunday?
              Then i muz go man, miss ya Ray!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fit
                Lol! It happened to me a couple of times. Wanted to adjust the throttle curve but ended up going to the pitch curve menu. Sometimes just as I am about to press down the dial, the dial moved and end up selecting something I did not want to select in the first place. But so far been lucky to spot it before i fly!
                Well, that's one of the reasons why I picked the SAnwa RD-6000- the display is big clear and well-defined!

Phiber, I'm coming down,..... maybe not flying... Tx is in Mode 1.... and was set up for sale... al my model memory was erased..... U miss me? Must give handshake and big hug.... I miss everyone!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MicroHeli-Nut
                  Well, that's one of the reasons why I picked the SAnwa RD-6000- the display is big clear and well-defined!

Phiber, I'm coming down,..... maybe not flying... Tx is in Mode 1.... and was set up for sale... al my model memory was erased..... U miss me? Must give handshake and big hug.... I miss everyone!!!!!
                  Aiya, i not flying also..
                  my stuffs still on Eva air leh.. lolz!!
                  Lend u my mode 2 9chp to fly ur hornet lor!
                  And i dunno wat RX to get..
                  Electron 6 or BErg 6 or PCM 6ch..

Comment

ITS alive!!!!!!!!!!!

cost $17 for the new main gear ..not too bad.
                    I even upgraded the tail fin..thanks koyosho EP heli

cheers doug

Comment

Man.. you sure got the skill and patience to rebuild the whole thing from the wrecked mess to brand new look.. i would have taken weeks to do it up
                      Failure is not final,
                      Success is never ending:
                      It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

well after this photo went to do a hover and was playing around and the tail servo went ( yes I know you told me fit )
                        and ditched into the ground ..boom stike and heli in bits again!!!!!

but 14cm of tubing and some quick work rebuilding and she is ready to go again lol
                        minus the horozontal fin ..it was damaged beyond repair

but all is good

Comment

No bent shaft?
                          Failure is not final,
                          Success is never ending:
                          It is not the destination but the journey that matters.

Wadever the journey, keep flying!

Comment

Oh man that sucks!
                            I dunno when mine is going to go. Its been in duty for the longest time yet of any servo. Very scary... can just let go anytime..

You sure are quick in rebuilding it! Looks as good as before.
                            Bon same here
                            The thing that puts me off most is building the tail! Very leceh....
                            But its going to change soon

Doug, what size tubing are you using? I can't seem to find metric ones at NTC. They only have imperial ones. They are close but the ID is a tad too big for the bearings.

I ended up using 6mm OD hollow carbon tubes and slide them in between the two broken pieces. Helps to join the broken boom and also lends stregth to it. Downside is its a bit heavy.
                            -Feda Dragonfly
                            -Hornet 2
                            -Pilot OK Turmeric
                            -Zoom Zoom 4D
                            -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
                            -Hornet X3D
                            -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
                            -Formosa 1
                            -World Models Spot On 50
                            -HB King 2
                            -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
                            -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
                            (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

I am using the 8mm or so shaft the ID is a bit larger then 7mm but thats ok for the shaft with a bit of CA on it.
                              I was amazed at the last crash that the CF main tail shaft not broken!!!

I just use CF tubing at either end and use the 8mm tubing to go over the outside of it and it works fine the bearing is still in the cf tubing through.
                              no the shaft was fine ...i managed to get it down to about 15cm off the ground and then dumped it on the ground before it would have hit the wall ..if there was no wall there i could have brought it down safely
                              because i wend full negitive so close to the ground it had a boom strike. one tip though is to use heat glue for the frame legs ...so easy ..ok they come out in a crash but to put them abck in its just a matter of a quick heat and poke them in.

I am also amazed at the strength of these CP humming bird blades ...two crashes ..one very bad proberly as bad as you can get !!! and they are still intact no even a dent!!
                              cheers doug

Comment

Working...
                              X