Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derrick,
    Did u retime the Mabuchi 40s from Kai Chin?

Comment

Yup ray i did.

Comment

Just did the retiming on my spare 370 motor last night. The no load current after retiming is about 590 mA at 3V. rpm not sure but sounds like there is an increase as compare to before retiming. Have not try on the heli yet as need to transfer connector and capacitor.

Derrick, did you want you old motor back? Other wise I would like to use your old motor capacitor and connector on my retimed 370. Please advise

Thank you

Comment

nope , it's all yours to play with....

Comment

Reporting Flight tests:

Retimed Mabuchi 40

More torque.... Lift's awesome, but RPM loses out a lot to the cybird motor!!!!! at 2 cells the Mabuchi motor squeaks like a mouse compared to the cybird!

I'm switching back to the Cybird, will keep the mabuchi. It's more efficient for Longer wings..... My poor cheapo tail can't keep up with the Mabuchi 40.......

Comment

sorry, this is not related, but its a reply to d yeo's pm. i'll be doing my aero course in singapore poly.
              JR 9x
              Raptor 50 SE
              Raptor 90 3D
              Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
              Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
              Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Ray : yup that's the thing, we want a higher rev motor for 2 cell lthium. This one's probably pretty good for 3 cell packs.

Have you tried gearing it down ? i would if only i had a bigger pinion... that'll probably raise the load on the motor to a more acceptable level at the cost of some efficiency as compared to a higher rpm motor on a lower gearing.

Did you adjust the timing on your cybird motor as well ?

Comment

Derrick, hope ya won't fall off ur chair.

1) Rotor Fu Lu Shou has tons of these Cybird nmotors hanging around. Last time he offered to me for $9.80 for testing!! Current price $19.80! It's used for ORNIThorpters or flapping birds ( Yes... they are called flapping birds and they fly pretty okay, Jazallo dun laugh hahahahahaha )

2) Derrick , NO NO NO I didn't retime it ! It's already this fast even though i'm running it reversed! It comes with this suppressor cap that's like a board so I can't figure out how to remove it..It runs even faster the other way round...... And like i said, it comes with an 8 tooth pinion. Earlier on I was running it on 8 teeth, and Cut blades.... ( not full blades! )

Looks like i've a Winning Machine after all, all i need now are some lighter Lipos and a cool cnaopy design.....

Ya know I think it's easier to use the "blinds" to make anti-clockwise rotating blades, flip the tail the other way round , and pop all our 300 motors in without re-timing.... Saves us a lot of trouble and the blades ARE cheaper.....

Comment

Hey ray : Yeah haha cybird makes ornithopters always been intriqued by those and when i saw the cybird motors at rotor i was asking if they had the rest of the cybird as well....

Hmm that means the cybird uses the motors in reverse as well so they're already optimised for reverse rotation. Better get that than a mabuchi then since it comes all ready to run....

What lithium packs are you using now ?

I saw these shampoo bottle covers on the ezone forums they look pretty damn good !

Having the blades spin the other sounds interesting.it's like how european heli's and american helis spin their blades the other way. Will probably handle pretty differently, which also sounds very interesting....

Comment

Hi brandon : Hmm was just curious, what's the syllabus for aerospace engineering at SP like ?

I'll be starting my aerospace engineering course in uni this august so am kind of curious as to hat kind of syllabus there is.

Comment

DErrick,

I'm not too sure which way the motor was MEANT to spin, prob I'll ask PK when i head down to FU LU SHOU or chin Swee todae....

Those pple reading this.... heh heh, the SECRET is in THE MOTOR!

Comment

hey ray : haha they probably wont know, and it's probably supposed to spin the other way since it appears to be already timed for counter clockwise rotation

Comment

Derrick, Fit, : I bought the Cupid's Main shaft and maing GEar ( READ: SMALLER NO.of teeth )

Impressed by the build quality, it appears to be made from BTT model products, and has cross steel rods at both ends: unlike the Feda's one piece main gear and shaft..... Hope it fits. Wish me luck.

What i am trying to achieve?

Well instead of trying motor alternatives, i figure that i would have a good chance at duration and power with a smaller main gear although i'm losing headspeed...... Who knows, I've Piccolo flyers tell me their Kokams last them 15~20minutes with the their stock gear( smaller ).......

OH shucks just wasted 9.80 on the silly micro already... How crazy am I ?
                            Total parts cost this week: $6.80 motor + $9.80..... Oh sheet! forgot to buy 9 tooth pinion!!!! ARRGGGHHHH...

Comment

Working...
                            X