Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea u shld lower your d/r and add some expo..
    correction: don't lower EPA... d/r is the correct thing to lower

Comment

actually, d/r is simply allowing for 2 different epa at a flip of the aileron/elevator dual rate switch right? how about expo? that one i have completely no idea

Comment

expo or exponential (yea, math, remember?) works somewhat like a gradual curve for each stick, in a manner that you can make your stick less sensitive near the center and more sensitive at the extreme ends (that's what we usually want), or vice-versa.

Comment

expo soften or sharpen the feel around center stick. Just like adding exponential to your math graphs. Normally for heli I think most of us just tied the flight mode, gov, expo, d/r..etc.. to 1 switch so a flip of switch will change the whole condition, no need to waste time flipping switches.

sigpic

Comment

ok. i got it! up expo softens the feel around the centre---that's what i need for my xl. my se seems to stay in the spot i want it to though.

i wonder what i will damage if i crash upside down. crashing downside down i've broken 1 carbon, 5 wood blades, bent one tail boom, one tail case, 4 main gears, twisted one main shaft already.

Comment

you should be able to fly inverted hover, inverted circuit, inverted figure 8 fairly on the sim to build up your confidence before you attempt real time coz the probability of crashing is going to be high

Comment

i can do inverted hover on the sim quite well, and tail in and out on the heli reasonably too with tail in forward flight.
                just wondering, is there any shop in singapore that sells stuff like robbe's helicommand or some stabilizing device which will stabilize the heli inverted should i get a "brain freeze" while flying upside down? would save lots of money, cos an inverted crash usually gonna cost at least $50 in repairs!

Comment

Originally posted by huasze
                  i can do inverted hover on the sim quite well, and tail in and out on the heli reasonably too with tail in forward flight.
                  just wondering, is there any shop in singapore that sells stuff like robbe's helicommand or some stabilizing device which will stabilize the heli inverted should i get a "brain freeze" while flying upside down? would save lots of money, cos an inverted crash usually gonna cost at least $50 in repairs!
                  think u have to bring in from overseas..... but dont really think it is necessary..
                  For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

hmm, i checked the helicommand's price. at around S$750 for the 3D version, its a bit steep. anyone got the ap-2000 that SHS selling? i thinking of going down there and ask..

Comment

Originally posted by probasz
                      you should be able to fly inverted hover, inverted circuit, inverted figure 8 fairly on the sim to build up your confidence before you attempt real time coz the probability of crashing is going to be high

If u do it high enough and have already master orientation, it should be a problem to recover the heli.
                      My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
                      (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
                      (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
                      (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
                      (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
                      (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
                      Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
                      JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

Originally posted by UH-1H
                        If u do it high enough and have already master orientation, it should be a problem to recover the heli.
                        u meant no prob to recover?
                        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

ya i think it means high enough will recover.
                          i still scared to try
                          now i spend my time perfecting all orientations the right side up. only then i try inverted. everytime heli crash, dam irritating. cost is one thing. the time spent to fix the thing up and troubleshooting after that can be used to do other things---like flying!

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                            u meant no prob to recover?

yup thats what i mean
                            My Hangar:

Heli 1:T-REX 450SE (Hughes MD 500)
                            (SE-maiden 15/03/06)
                            (XL-maiden 16/10/05)

Heli 2:RAPTOR 50 TITAN
                            (TITAN-maiden 16/06/2006)

Heli 3:T-REX 500ESP (T-rex maiden 25/9/10)
                            (FLASHER 500-maiden 08/10/2009 R.I.P:09/08/10)

Heli 4:Flasher 250
                            (maiden 13/09/2010)

Airplane 1:GWS A-4SU Skyhawk For Sale
                            Airplane 2:GWS P-40N WarHawk RAAF maiden flight 20/08/10 For Sale

Transmitter:
                            JR 9XII(XPS 2.4)

Its all fun & games till the bills come..

Comment

Working...
                            X