Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get 2mm Titanium rods/bike spokes?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get 2mm Titanium rods/bike spokes?

I've tried a few shops in my east area..

And they only sell by the package, one shop even quoted me $5 x 144 for $720!!

One was like 72 X 5 for like $350 or so..

Doug,
    I heard u manged to get them piece by piece?
    where can i get them separately from this shop of urs?

Wanted to try some titanium rods for my skids bars instead..
    My CF rods broke again! lolz..

Anyone else knows where to get titanium rods?

Haha that's interesting, it's like one of my old lifestyles coming back to haunt me.

I think a good bet would be hup leong company. It's a great cheap bike shop, think possibly better than champion hobby prices with even better than rotor-hobby service. ( experiences differ, as always heh )

It's at chin swee road, interestingly enough it's in the same building as the rotor chin swee branch. It's on the ground floor just opposite the road from the subordinate courts. If you look out the corridor from rotor it's at about your 10 o'clock.

Probably would cost you about 5- 6 depending on what brand....not that that's very crucial haha

Comment

and i just realised i forgot to pass you back your cable !
      You want my swash plate ? should be seeing her on tues.

Comment

Thanks Derrick, Chin Swee so far..

But i think probably i might try to make my way down..
        Gotta buy more carbon rods juz in case! :P

Anyway, i got the swash le.. makes the bird more stable!
        Thanks for ur offer!

Comment

Haha no problem....

How did you fit the swash ? i'm under the impression i need a collar and some other stuff...

basically my feda is more or less completely stock, from hover to flying to trying silly things haha quite cock but i really like it...

Comment

Hi D.Yeo

I know where is that shop.. I saw that quite sometime already. I'm looking for Titanium rod also for my DIY landing Skids also. I think u all saw my DIY landing skids before, (U know.. like UH-1 Huey landing skids), by using curve shape landing skids, it should be able to withstand heavy impact. I'm looking for Titanium rod to reduce the weight.

So, if I want to buy that rod, how am I going to ask the shop? I mean what model or the proper name for it?

BTW... anyone of u know where to buy Car Battery Acid? (Sulfuric Acid... Not the Distilled Water).

Thanks
            Super-Hornet

Comment

hi hornet :

yup i did see your heli, weren't you the guy who passed me the 4 bladed tail prop to try in my feda ? Looks scale even without a body or anything heh.

I think thin titanium spokes would be much more suitable and weight efficient for the job. It might also look much more scale heh

Have you gotten any info on bending and working the titanium rods?

Best would be to just ask the guy for titanium spokes , a few enough, etc. The most well known brand the last time i was in the know was DT, but there i have no idea what other ti spokes might be available.

Got an idea, try looking for " flat titanium aero spokes" (which are well, flattened) and might make even better landing gear....Ask them to show you they should have boxes of the stuff. Either way they're not cheap , can cost you up to 7 bucks spoke.

And ask the towkay dude,not the usually grumpy du-lan mechanic guy. The owner is a guy called gilbert who usually wears a cap and has a mild lazy eye.

He's a damn solid guy. really knows how to get you the best value for your dollar and really gives a damn about it too. Most shop owners (and some bikers ) really hate the guy though haha.

Derrick

Comment

Yup.. I'm the one who pass u the 4 blades prop.

I'm thinking of getting some spoke first. See what I can do about it first. If I can't bend it... I might use it for other purpose.

Thanks for the info. Oh... I bought a few more power connectors for my chopper. Same type..just need a few more for other purpose. Once I have the picture.. I upload here.

Super-Hornet

Comment

BTW D. Yeo... thanks for the good word on my chopper.

Super-Hornet

Comment

heh sure no problem.

Comment

BTW... anyone knows where can I buy Sulfuric Acid? (Car Lead Battery Acid... Not the Distilled water)

Maybe I need to post this one as a new message.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Working...
                      X