Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OS 46 or 50 in Rap 30?

Hi,

I'm toying with the idea of fitting an OS 46 or 50 in a Raptor 30. Would like to keep the original gear ratio, blades and boom.

I understand I would require a 50 fan and mount. anything else? Do I need to chnage the ratio?

Anyone tried this and is this possible?

Thanks

it's possible.....just up to your imagination....crazy headspeed....have to use FG or CF blades...more damage when crash due to headspeed....exploding bird if using wooden blades and wooden blades fly out

still...it's possible....

TREX 500 ESP
    Futaba T12FGH

Comment

i remember i saw from the rotor web site that there are upgrades for transforming raptor 30 to 50. About few hundreds bucks take a look!

Comment

Hi Art,

What if I also change the ratio that of the 50 and keep the blade and boom? I think this will reduce the head speed right?

Hi Fred,

I am aware of the conversion kit, but I really want to keep the bird at 30 size.

Thanks to all.

Comment

you must use the new engine mount and new gear ratios. 50 sized birds can be run in either short or long boom versions. the shorter boom will give you "hotter" flying...better change the gear ratio...the engine will spin the head at incredibly high speeds. the wood blades would be ripped apart very easily.
          JR 9x
          Raptor 50 SE
          Raptor 90 3D
          Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
          Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
          Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

and the hovering elite veteran talks!!

TREX 500 ESP