Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

setting up trex

hi guys, wanna setup my trex with optic 6 again. previously detach8 help me setup my trex. now i wanna learn how to program the D/R, throttle curve all that, thus i wanna reconfigure a memory model for it on my own. so pls advise on how i go about setting them up and some links will be helpful. went to trextuning.com but it dun show how to program them.

thanks in advance.
    sigpic

Helis:
    Heli 1: Trex 450SE V1
    Date of Operation: 27 JULY 08
    Specs: JGF 450TH + RCE-BL25G + GY401 + HS-65HB cyclics + HS81 tail
    Radio: Optic 6 + Electron6
    Batt: Zippy-H 3s 2200mah 20C

Here's step by step as far as I can remember...

Start with a new model memory setup in Heli mode, 120deg CCPM swash

Off-on your transmitter to get into the new model.

Get into programming mode. Unplug your motor. Plug in your battery.

Go to the REV menu. Get your servos direction (i.e. reverse) correct - check that when you move your collective, all servos move together. Nevermind if the swash is going in the wrong direction yet.

Go to the SWSH menu. 1 is for Aileron, 2 is for Elevator, 6 is for Swash. Default is 70%. If any of this is going in the wrong direction, make the value negative, e.g. -70%.

Go to PTCH menu, make your pitch curve 50% at all points 1,2,3,4,5.

Take out your servo horns, make sure they are all as close to center as possible and put them back.

Go to your STRIM menu. Subtrim channels 1,2 and 6 make sure all your servos are centered. You shouldn't need to go more than +/- 20 if your servo horns are done correctly.

To be continued... need to get back to work...

Comment

Make sure at mid-stick,

- Pitch is at 0 degrees
      - Linkages and horns are 90 degrees
      - Washout arms are also 90 degrees

AND you get equal travel for your positive and negative pitch. (If you want to get equal pitch in idle up for both ranges)

Comment

I forgot to mention, the slides on the side of Optic6 affects the pitch curves so it is best to setup your centering in ST-1, aka Idle Up 1. Make your pitch curve 50% at points 1,2,3,4,5 so your throttle won't affect anything. This is the best way I've found so far to setup your centering because Optic6 you can't really see where mid-stick is.

Comment

My optic 6 used to beep whenever im @ mid stick.. for throttle..

Comment

was playing around with the optic 6, tryin to setup another memory model myself. however, now the elevator is no repsonding. advise pls!
            sigpic

Helis:

Comment

Know there is timer beep but can't remember got this mid stick beep?
              Can enlighten?

Originally posted by junyang
              My optic 6 used to beep whenever im @ mid stick.. for throttle..

Comment

ARGH!! why the elevator still cannot work?!! help!! that servo is moving leh, when i move the throttle stick. but why elevator cannot?! MAD liao!! ARGH!!
                sigpic

Helis:

Comment

check that your tx is set to 120 deg ccpm
                  then check your servos are all in the right places..
                  servo left right and back
                  f

Comment

everything is right except the elevator is not moving.
                    sigpic

Helis:

Comment

how can the elevator be not moving when you say the servo is moving?

check:
                      swash is 120deg ccpm
                      channel 2 dual rate is 100
                      channel 2 swash is not 0

Comment

Anyway, let me continue the setup procedures:

Mechanically adjust all your links to be 90 degrees and straight as your servo

Adjust your linkrod lengths. Your swash should be at midpoint on the area it slides up and down your main shaft. Your swashplate should be level. Your washout levers should also be horizontal.

Set your blade pitch to 0 degrees using a pitch gauge.

Now that you are all mechanically set up, get back to your transmitter. Go to the PTCV and revert to normal pitch curve 0, Inh, 50, Inh, 100. (Just go to each points 1,2,3,4,5 and press clear.)

Here comes the tricky part. Leveling your swash. If you have a direct eCCPM heli (e.g. Mini Titan, Trex SE), this is usually not a problem, but if you have a heli that goes through all kinds of mechanical linkages (e.g. BeltCP), this is usually a headache.

Move the swash up and down. You will see that not all 3 links to your swash move equal distance. You will then have to go to each and every servo and set its EPA. If the distance travelled is too short, increase its EPA ON BOTH ENDS, not just one end or otherwise you will end up with a swash that will never level itself. If the distance travelled is too much, decrease the EPA.. same thing.. do it on both ends. Do this until all three links on the swash moves the same distance. You might have to adjust your linkages to level your swash again after this step.

Now that your swash is level, time to set pitch.

Using a pitch gauge, check the pitch at min stick and at max stick. It should be the same (e.g. -12 and +12), otherwise somewhere is mechanically wrong -- likely your arms are either not 90 degrees or your blade pitch is not 0 degrees at 50% pitch.

Now, we'll setup for +/- 10 deg. If your pitch is more than 10, you will need to lower the number on your SWAH ch 6. If your pitch is less than 10, you will need to increase that number. Do this until you get +/- 10 degrees of pitch.

Comment

Now that all your pitch is setup, let's set the pitch and throttle curves for NOR, ST-1 (idle up 1), ST-2 (idle up 2)

These are my own settings and they usually work fine, so you can just copy them and then fine tune later based on your heli motor performance, weight, etc. and personal preference.

NOR
                          N Pitch Throttle
                          1 35 0
                          2 45 30
                          3 50 40
                          4 75 65
                          5 100 90

ST-1
                          N Pitch THrottle
                          1 35 60
                          2 45 55
                          3 50 50
                          4 75 70
                          5 100 90

ST-2
                          N Pitch THrottle
                          1 0 100
                          2 25 70
                          3 50 50
                          4 75 70
                          5 100 90

Final check before proceeding... check all ailerons, elevator and pitch are moving in the right direction. Use pitch gauge to check your pitch to see if they are at +/- 10 deg.

Next, set up your tail.

Wire up your gyro and tail servo. Set gain to 60-70% in non headhold mode. For those with 401 or HH gyro with remote gain, set it around 15% on your TX.. that will equate to 70% in non HH mode.

Now, with your heli on the ground and further away from you, spool up in NOR mode to about mid stick (0 degrees pitch) but don't take off!

If your heli goes into a crazy spin, the gyro direction is wrong. Flip the REVERSE switch on the GYRO, NOT in your TX!.

Spool up again. This time your heli shouldn't spin. Don't take off yet!. Move your rudder stick. Make sure your heli turns in the right direction. If it does not, then go to the REV menu and reverse channel 4.

Now your gyro and rudder direction is all correct, time to tune your tail. Lift off gently and find out where the tail is drifting, then move your tail servo along the tail boom to vary the pitch of the tail blades. Do this until your heli tail holds in hover.

Now that your tail is all setup, go ahead and setup HH mode. (for those with GY401 or remote gain, setting it to 85% equates to 70% gain in HH mode.)

Now, try hovering. Punch it up a little see if your motor bogs. If everything is fine, time to fly!

Please correct me if I left anything out!

Comment

visually u can use this videos.. esp ccpm setup1 + 2

although the tx is not optic6 but a futaba, u'll probably make some sense of it.. it is not rocket science
                            For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

dang forgot the link
                              For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Working...
                              X