Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie's Flying problem with SJM 400

Hi guys...

Pardon me if i sound weird (or stupid) and using the wrong lingo or terms. I am troubleshooting this heli for my brother who has bought and given up on this heli. Sigh...

Anyway, the problem is this. When i increase the throttle and try to lift off, i find the heli spinning to one direction. So... I trim (on the RC) the left stick (the rudder?). After trimming there is less spinning, so i further increase the throttle and i find the heli is lifting off but flying (or banking) very much and fast to the left side (when i'm standing behind it). I tried to counter it by banking to the right (right stick) till it seems like the heli is gonna flip to the right side already but its still moving left. - I dont think its because of the wind because i tried in multiple locations and orientation in low wind conditions.

Next... I try to reset all the trimmings on the RC then try to fly again. This time the heli keeps spinning anti clockwise. I ignored this and continued increasing the throttle. This time it doesnt move towards the left, but lifts upwards (though is spinning round and round).

With the above 2 tries... I conclude that the tail rotor may be providing X amount of trust to counter the rotational forces caused by the spinning of the main rotor. However, this X amount of trust pushes the heli and causes it to move left. To me, this explanation makes some sense... However, I cant figure out how to solve this. Or if my conclusion is even right in the first place.

Please Help... I'm getting hooked to it but its so frustrating not being able to lift it off.

It's very frustrating in the initial stage.

What are the equipment used in the heli? this makes it easier to troubleshoot.

The first step I would suggest is to maybe bring back to the shop which it's bought from to have them tune up and test fly for you. the fine tuning can fiddle yourself later on

Comment

i had this problem ...my gyro was getting alot of interference coz it was in the frame... thy shifting it around?
      Helis
      Logo 500 3D

Once upon a time , there were frequency pins , flybars and nitros...

Comment

Do have a gyro on ur heli??

Comment

I'm sorry... Really newbie in this so do pardon my ignorance and bear with my silly questions. ;)

Whats a Gyro and how do i identify it?

Heli_fanatic>> What do you mean by interference?

ammo>> What do you mean by what equipments are used? As far as i know, my brother bought it ready built with all the stock parts from the shop.

Comment

erm, which shop?

Comment

This shop in a mall at Sengkang area

Comment

Originally posted by jeremywe
                This shop in a mall at Sengkang area

What heli are you flying?
                sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Comment

Originally posted by abner
                  What heli are you flying?
                  SJM 400 II 3D RTF

Comment

Been reading all over the net but cant find anyone experiencing similar problems...

Really wonder whats wrong.

Comment

Dear members,

As we have encountered a few customers who bought the so-called Ready-to-Fly SJM 400 from another dealer and come asking for help here because none of them would really fly.

We hereby seek your attention that there is never such a combo as "READY-TO-FLY" Aplus 400 or SJM400 in the market anywhere in the world. Just like the seniors here might agree they can never find a "READY-TO-FLY" TREX in the market. Please do be more alert when comes to "irresitible" offer as often than not, you might end up spending more to get it right by replacing what is not suitable from that combo.

We are the authorised dealer of APLUS / SJM400 V2 and we are in the better position to advise you what are the "troublesome offers" you might get lured to.

Please see here : http://www.aplus-rc.com/distributor1.htm

Much regret to those who have faced those "offers". If you need, you can come to us for advise with your heli.

Regards

SKY HOBBIES SINGAPORE
                      200, Jalan Sultan, #02-36A, Textile Centre, Singapore 199018. (along Jalan Sultan)
                      2 Blocks away from KEYPOINT, Nearest MRT - Lavender MRT, ICA building side
                      Tel : +65 6293 3968
                      Official You Tube Channel
                      FACEBOOK :

Comment

Originally posted by SKYHOBBIES
                        Dear members,

As we have encountered a few customers who bought the so-called Ready-to-Fly SJM 400 from another dealer and come asking for help here because none of them would really fly.

We hereby seek your attention that there is never such a combo as "READY-TO-FLY" Aplus 400 or SJM400 in the market anywhere in the world. Just like the seniors here might agree they can never find a "READY-TO-FLY" TREX in the market. Please do be more alert when comes to "irresitible" offer as often than not, you might end up spending more to get it right by replacing what is not suitable from that combo.

We are the authorised dealer of APLUS / SJM400 V2 and we are in the better position to advise you what are the "troublesome offers" you might get lured to.

Please see here : http://www.aplus-rc.com/distributor1.htm

Much regret to those who have faced those "offers". If you need, you can come to us for advise with your heli.

Regards
                        Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure by what you meant by "offers" and etc... My your mention of the "troublesome offers", I wonder what my brother was lured into when he made his purchase.

As I'm totally ignorant in this hobby, the only steps i can take now are corrective actions and try to find out whats wrong with my heli, which is what i'm doing now. As far as i know, or what i hear from my brother... this heli he bought came as a set, i.e. The parts, motor, etc are from a single source/manufacturer and not custom built.

Hmm... as an expert in SJM400, and based on my description of the problem, would you be able to share your views and preliminary diagnostics?

cheers.

Comment

I think a few pictures of your heli would be of great help.

Comment

Originally posted by Heli_fanatic
                            i had this problem ...my gyro was getting alot of interference coz it was in the frame... thy shifting it around?
                            Hi Heli_fanatic,

I found the gyro you were talking about. Its Telebee Headlock and Standard Dual Rate Gyro and it is positioned on the top of the flat carbon plate, and sits slightly behind the behind the 3 servos (which is behind the main rotor shaft).

On it, I see a tiny reset button (the kind you'll need a needle to reach to), a Gain +/-, and a Reverse A <--> B.

Comment

That gyro should work fine, i think your gyro servo travel is set to 0 or sumthin...

Comment

Working...
                              X