Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MicroFlyers: Lipo batt arrangement

How do you mount your Lipo on your micro heli?

1) Span wise: The longer side of the Lipo pack along the length of the heli?

2) Perpendicular: The longer side of the Lipo pack at 90 degrees to the length of the heli.

I had to mount it length wise because of extra tail motor, had to shift some weight forward. After that, forward and back ward flight felt like "see-saw ride", and banking turns happen very fast and feel twitchy.

B4, i mounted it perpendicular when i had only 1 tail motor, found it easier to turn the heli for side ins or nose ins. The turns are tighter, the heli is able to rotate without much cyclic correction...

With the correct lengthwise mounting, everytime I rudder left or right, the heli "skids" through the air... Kinda like nascar races where they use 'drift' tires and do 'drift' turns around the corners.

Is it my lousy skill? Is it the heli batt position? Or is it because the swashplate does not bind at cyclic tilts of the swash? Please help. Not sure if i'm "over-modding"
    Lengthwise?: With longer side of battery in line with length of the heli (fore\aft).
    40.00%
    Across: With longer side of the battery perpendicular to the length of the heli.
    60.00%

The best is to mount it across the heli whenever possible.
    That will keep the weight as close to cg as possible.

As for your heli "skidding" through the air in turns is because of the weight being futher away from the CG when mounted lengthwise.

If you were to take a long pole, hold it in the center and try to turn it about its center it will be more difficult than with a shorter pole. The longer pole will take more effort to turn and stop compared to the shorter pole.

Hope you get my explanation.
    -Feda Dragonfly
    -Hornet 2
    -Pilot OK Turmeric
    -Zoom Zoom 4D
    -Sceadu EVO 50: OS50, Hatori521, Revmax,
    -Hornet X3D
    -Hornet X3D (yet to setup!)
    -Formosa 1
    -World Models Spot On 50
    -HB King 2
    -World Models Groovy 50 F3A
    -RICCS F18 EDF

Controlled by 9CHP
    (Temasek Poly AMIG)

Comment

den about attempting balance the weight of your tail with the battery? no choice ?
      JR PCM 9XII

BEAM E4

HS65 Cyclic
      Futaba S3154 Tail
      Scorpion 2221-8
      JETI Spin 44A
      JR RS 77
      Logictech 2100 TL Gyro
      Thunder Power TP2070-3SX

A Bottle Of Guts, Neat.

Comment

sorry braders, i was busy re heat shrink ing the blades... will remove the second tail motor and leave the CA dual mount on....

I get what ur'e saying, Fit. Gleinn i was doing that....

Comment

Okay, I found the "problem". It's not the batts, it's not the blades.

---> It's the new swash.

---> I was too accustomed to my old swash which was imperfect. When ever the swash tilted there was friction which slowed the HS down.... that's why I found nose in EASY! The swash was helping me!!!! It was kinda like adding EXPO from a 9CHP the Cheapo crappy way.

Sorry for the hold up. The batt position wasn't the one causing the "flighty" twitchy response, it was the swash.... and i actually find nose in harder now, I went through everything, the blades, the CG, the tail motor, the tail blade... the LG.... things that might have caused the "wild" behaviour.... it's the SWASH....

Thanks for the help. My FEda's flying docilely again! With yellow blades. Smooth cover now courtesy of Doug's posted instructions about shrinking with steam.

Comment

Working...
          X