Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belt CP Stock Servos (better replace?)

From what i observed at this forum, most people here who owned belt cp have nothing good to say about the stock esky servos and some have even changed their stock servos to better one such as Hitec 55.

Now i'm thinking of replacing my my belt cp three stock servos at the front even though they are working perfectly fine with no issues to date. Heli is responsive and i only using it for Hovering and forward flight (circuit).

Do u think i should also replace the stock servos with better ones? Appreciate your advice.
    In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

If they're working fine for you, i would say stick with it.. They're more than enuff for your circuits, hovering etc. You can still use them for orientation practice.. tail in.. nose in side in etc.. maybe when you progress to rolls and flips.. you can upgrade to a better servo

Comment

I have been using the stock servos since I bought Belt CP for few months. They are still working fine. No complain from me. I may change them at much later stage when they show signs of weakening......
      After so many years, I am still a beginner

Comment

Junyang,

Thanks for your input. Any idea how long can a servo expect to last assuming i fly the belt cp for 30 minutes a week?
        In politics, there are no permanent friends or enemies only permanent interest - Lord Palmerston

Comment

the stock esky servos should be good enuf if you are just hovering around and doing some circuit. but do change them when you are going for 3d performance. the esky servos can't take that much stress... to me the HS55 is only slightly better making it no much difference to the esky servos.
          servos cycled cannot be counted, sometime its the manufacturer fault. if you fly normally for your heli it should last you for quite sometime. i have HS55 which i bought since year 2003 and they are still working perfectly...
          + i ` k a l +

Transmitter
          p c m 9 x
          RC Kite
          S c o r p i o n
          A L P H A B a b y
          Ice cream prototype

Comment

maybe i SWAY.. but the esky servos on my belt didn't last me long. one was probably faulty when it arrived. it was my ch6 servo and i realized it was responding slower in one direction than the other.

just a few flights and two mild crashes later, another one die in similar fashion (it had slower response than the others.)

the best way to test if your servo's slow is to run it at low voltage (i used a rx battery pack with 4 old AA batts at 4.8v total.) the difference in speed would be much more noticeable.

lastly i had an esky servo that had lesser travel than the rest. it also arrived this way. i thought it was a belt cp design issue, but it was not so bad after i changed to HS55s.

see a video I did on how to check if the servos are faulty:

here's what my faulty channel 2 servo did to make my swash movement inconsistent

(the problem still persists due to the shorter arm length after i switched to HS55, but it was NOT SO BAD)

have fun setting up your belt!

Comment

Ah lastly... if you're still using Esky servos, don't bother using the black servo horns that came with the Belt CP. use the original white color ones.

Esp. the tail... the throw is way too much. use the white horns and use the middle (3rd) hole.

Comment

Working...
              X