here's my config:

belt cp (completely stock)
    Hobbywing 30A ESC
    DN 2100 MAH 20C LIPO cells
    GY401
    HB81 Tail
    Esky servos x 3
    futaba receiver

I recently changed my ESC settings from LOW LIPO cut-off to HIGH LIPO Cut-Off. Apparently Low is like 2.6V x 3 and High is like 3.1V x 3.

After switching to high, i get at most 3 mins of flight time. If i leave it at low i get about 8-10mins of flight time (mostly hover and slow flight).

When i measured the cell voltage after the HIGH run, it was still 12V for one pack and about 11.6V for the other pack ... is something wrong with my ESC?

Should i just leave it at LOW? it's kinda irritating to have such short flight time.

When it came out of the box it was at LOW by default. On the manual it says that default is MEDIUM. Eveything's kinda screwed !

Thanks in advance!!

----------------------
    E-Sky Belt CP
    Futaba 6-EXH
    Maiden: 7 Jan 2007
    ----------------------

I am using the same battery and esc as you on my Trex. My default lipo cut off setting is at medium and i get around 7-8 mins of flight time (hovering and some FF). On low setting, i get around 9-10 mins and at high setting, i get about 5 mins at the most.

For me, i prefer to set it at medium cos i don't want to risk shortening my battery life with the low setting.

Comment

try reducing headspeed or pitch? sometimes too much pitch causes high amp draw reducing flight time. alot of factors actually... it can go from friction in your setup, to your motor pinion T, to... whatever..

Comment

i think the best is dont wait till the esc cutoff. It might be too late and may cause damage to your battery.

Comment

thnx

hi All,
          thanks! i'll try to use it in medium.
          thnx!

----------------------
          E-Sky Belt CP
          Futaba 6-EXH
          Maiden: 7 Jan 2007
          ----------------------

Comment

Working...