Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choregraphed heli performance

hello all, i was just listening to "Ride of the Valkyries" when it occured to me that i would be a good idea to stage a choregraphed performance involving several helicopters and some formation flying, we will need:

*some brave/reckless/skilled pilots

*film crew

*venue

*practice and luck!

whos in>?
    reagrds
    James
    Shuttle plus/OS37 rock on!
    Seagull Model Yak 54/SPE 26cc
    scanner/OS46AX COMPLETLY GREAT!

I'm being asking some of my funfly buddies to try to fly our heli in formation...or at least in hover formation but no one want to take the challenge. It will be even more nice if we fly our scale heli in formation also.

I think to do formation flying, it is best to have the least experience flyer to be the wing leader. Because if experience flyer is the wing leader, the rest of lesser experience flyer will not able to "catch up" the maneuvers. Furthermore, if lesser experience is the leader, the experience flyers can anticipate the leader movement.

{ Attached pictures were the only hover formation that I know of that were done by DHobby members. It as on Aug 01, 2004. Oh.. the white GWS Dragonfly elevated tail was mine. }

SH

Comment

formation flying is definitely very interesting and fulfilling, but highly challenging.

1.) we are not in the cockpit, thus we have to grapple with heli ID, parallax error (how da ya spell dat), side-in manuevre orientation problems (heli gets hidden behind one another, on top of the age old problem of screwing up and smashing into one another at close distance.

2.) helicopters are not able to sustain flight at knife edge, or any other rotor-edge-down orientation, or if possible by some means, making that duration very dangerous in clusters.

Nonetheless to see a formation in flight is certainly a very nice sight, perhaps we should start be arranging some paths for a formation flight.
      JR PCM 9XII

BEAM E4

HS65 Cyclic
      Futaba S3154 Tail
      Scorpion 2221-8
      JETI Spin 44A
      JR RS 77
      Logictech 2100 TL Gyro
      Thunder Power TP2070-3SX

A Bottle Of Guts, Neat.

Comment

hello gentle men,

thanks for those picks super hornet, good to see that some are already willing to give that kind of stuff a shot

glenn you have raised a very good point about orrientation of heli's during formation, so its probably a good idea to start of with somthing very basic.

maybe we can meet up next weekend and give it a shot!

regards
        James
        Shuttle plus/OS37 rock on!
        Seagull Model Yak 54/SPE 26cc
        scanner/OS46AX COMPLETLY GREAT!

Comment

Working...
        X