Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone flying gy502 in 3d mode?

Is anyone using the 3d mode in the secret menu of the gy502? I have heard that the stop after a piro is as if the tail bang on a wall, does using the stop delay help it? How much should I be looking at for the stop delay? I am actually looking for more consistent piro rate in knife edge flight and FF. I know this is only a 502, not a 611, but I really wish to squeeze every single bit out of it.

Btw, I am trying to keep my limit on gyro more than 100% as that is said to increase servo lifespan. However, with limit at 100% and 110%, my atv can only go to 60%, so even with dual rate at 140%, my max piro rate is still not fast enough. Previously I was using ACGA and ACGB to increase the piro rate, but with 3d mode, ACG become ***%. Will increasing the AVS help?

sigpic

Since nobody reply, I proceeded with the test of 502 in 3d mode.

Like what flyers on runryder have told me, avs=piro rate. Since my atv is low, I didnt get the 500degree/s piro rate at avs 100%, so I increased it. Flying in 3d mode requires a bit more expo or the center stick becomes a bit too sensitive for me. That is despite the fact the in 3dmode, the build in expo of 502/601/611 increase from 30% to 50% in the program. The amount of build in expo can be accessed from the secret menu. I was able to get a lot more constant piro speed in forward flight and K.E. flight, but something is still lacking. Maybe a change of tail fin might help. I set in 15% of stop delay before flight and glad to say I did not experience the tail banging on wall stop.

Suprisingly, tail seems to hold better in 3d mode also. I didn't get any drift coming down from a tail slide and entering a backward loop, which is unusual for my heli.

Overall, it is better than in F3C mode

sigpic

Comment

i have a 502 as well.... How do u enable this 3D mode?
      Losers whine about their best. Winners date the Prom Queen.

Most people talk a lot, only few are up for the moment.

Suck Squeeze Bang Blow
      20,000 times a min

Comment

Turn on the gyro while holding the function + and - buttons. You will get into the "secret menu" then look for FMod and change F3C to 3d.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X