Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How pinion vs amp draw on Trex??

anybody can explain what's the relation between pinion gear and amp drawon Trex heli??
    Like say, with same battery+esc+bl motor, how's the difference pinion gear change the amp draw?? low pinion=low or hi amp draw?? hi pinon=low or hi amp draw??
    Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

This is my opinion:

example on a regular Trex with a 450th (2950KV) and 2200mah lipos

11T pinion = Low amp draw(around 16A)/long flight time (12-15min mins)/ Lower Headspeed (2000-2200rpm)

13T pinion = Medium amp draw(around 24A)/average flight time(8mins)/ reasonable headspeed (2400-2600rpm)

15T pinion = High amp draw(around 35A)/ short flight duration(5-6mins)/High headspeed (2800-3000+ rpm)

In short, the more teeth on your pinion, the higher the load on the motor and subsequently the higher the amp draw on the batteries.
    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

i c .....

so, higher pinion teeth=higher amp draw.
      10s!
      Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Yup, Higher number of tooth on the pinion, higher Amp draw as well as higher Headspeeds and Temperature
        Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

If you want some serious effeciency I used to fly using a jgf 400dh on 8t pinion using 315 woodies for flight times around the 14minute mark. For duration flying (hovering and easy cruising) I would try a 9t with 325's to begin with and then experiment from there.

Comment

Working...
          X