Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extract One way bearing from main gear ?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extract One way bearing from main gear ?

How to extract bearing from main gear of belt cp ? Seems very tight leh...

melt the plastic hahahahah j/k bro
    this brings me to my point.
    1) beltcp manual sucks.
    2) never buy pre-built kits

Comment

Go and buy a Align Trex one way bearing extractor (from LHS) and a C-clamp (from hardware store)

Some bros use the hammer method !
      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Erm, they have a ring there which the bearing fits, so melting it won't solve it. I suay suay stripped the stupid main gear when spinning almost full rpm. So now got to get that bearing out without damaging it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
          Go and buy a Align Trex one way bearing extractor (from LHS) and a C-clamp (from hardware store)

Some bros use the hammer method !

That bearing is 10mm dia right ? i think belt cp is 9mm leh, can still use ?

Comment

I got my Align One way bearing removal (and fitment) tool from Rotor Hobby ....can remember, but I think it was around $20+

Comment

ok thanks ...

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                That bearing is 10mm dia right ? i think belt cp is 9mm leh, can still use ?
                Confirmed ! ....the tool will be too tight to fit into a brand new virgin spur sleeve but is no problem to remove an "expended" sleeve.

Comment

B4 purchasing the bearing removal, I use a mini hacksaw and saw thru. It takes a couple of mins only.

The aluminium ring is soft n easily cuts by the hacksaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                    B4 purchasing the bearing removal, I use a mini hacksaw and saw thru. It takes a couple of mins only.

The aluminium ring is soft n easily cuts by the hacksaw.

Whoa... Good idea.... i go home and try.... ;) but how to press the bearing back ? use f-cramp ? I don't think i want to use hammer leh, later the bearing got dents

Comment

from helifreak by finless

this work best, just find a suitable replacement for the tools size.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
                      Robotis Bioloid
                      Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                        Whoa... Good idea.... i go home and try.... ;) but how to press the bearing back ? use f-cramp ? I don't think i want to use hammer leh, later the bearing got dents
                        Pressing it back, I used a big bolt head n hammer it in wif a hammer.

There r many different hammers out there lah. Those wif rubber or plastic head r called mallets. These will not damage ur bearing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
                          Pressing it back, I used a big bolt head n hammer it in wif a hammer.

There r many different hammers out there lah. Those wif rubber or plastic head r called mallets. These will not damage ur bearing at all.

Seems like the bearing is very soft. Tap a bit also can get dented very very easily leh... I think now have to buy new bearing. Think it's china quality....

Comment

Can use Trex main gear instead on belt cp ? they using nsk bearing, so that one should be better. Anyone tried ?

Comment

I haven't seen CP2 one way bearing before but I believe it should be the same shape/design as TRex/Zap

Those one way bearing has one side that is flat and one side that is round.
                              Normally on the flat side, u can see some wording and an arrow symbol showing the direction as well. To hammer properly, u ONLY HAMMER on the flat side. DO NOT HAMMER on the round side. Same thing on pressing. The Round side is very soft...easily get dented.

That mean, u can only go in by one side and come out by the other side.

SH

Comment

Working...
                              X