Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeybee Fp tail modification

has anyone modified the tail so that its much stable and durable??
    Esky V3 LAMA.....

cool

Esky V3 LAMA.....

Comment

Hi

If u can manage to dig out some of my old post (dated 2004 I think) in here or in RCGroups, U might able to find my old Dragonfly with that configuration.

Ducted fan:
      Adv:
      Powerful or high tail control/authority.
      Protect tail blades.
      Cool Comanche/Aerospatiale SA-341G Gazelle look.

Dis:
      More power consumption.
      Need separate ESC for tail. 4 in 1 may not able to handle it.
      Tail heavier...thus require to move avionics to front and also cut tail boom shorter.
      More noisy

Here are some of the picture I manage to dig out about my GWS Dragonfly.
      (First 2 pictures are ducted fan. The 3rd to 5th photos showing my 100% brushless Dragonfly in hover formation with the rest of Hornet II flyers)

Comment

tail too big ..thanks for the info

Interesting design..thanks for the info bro..well, it defeats the purpose for easy handling and usage of HB though..esp newbies like me..ill sjut stick to the normal fragile tail which scraps the floor when crashing..hehe...i guess it being very noisy and takes up too much power is a huge dis... thanks lao ciao...
        Esky V3 LAMA.....

Comment

Hi bro you gotta get yourself to funfly to see what it's all about. And also use the search function. There's a reason why people aren't replying all your threads cos these questions have been asked a millionth and one time by newbies every week. (If you hang around another 2 moths or so you will know what I mean.)

I have posted a tail mod quite some time ago. It's here.

There's also a bunch of mod discussion in here. Maybe you can revive this thread.

Cheers bro!

Comment

hmm true

hmm , ic.. i sound like new recruit just first day in BMT...thanks for info bro, will come down to bukit panjang when the rainign season stops...
            Esky V3 LAMA.....

Comment

similar

ooh bro, my tail is the same as ur mod tail, i remember viewing it.. but sometimes when crashing the tailblade just flies out, its just how i fly thats all...
              more practice..more practice
              Esky V3 LAMA.....

Comment

heh bro with that weight screwed in place nothing will fly out. you will just break something else, thats all :P

Comment

Working...
                X