Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest FMS interface Cable

Don't know if everyone else already knows about this but I just found this out when I was trying to make the FMS parallel port interface cable last night.

No more need for the zener diodes, resistors, transistors, PIC, etc.Your pc just have to have a sound card with mic input and thats all. Of course you also have to have the proper cable connector for your Tx and the mic input of your soundcard. Just download a small dll from this SmartPropo website. Just check out the websites for details. The S/W however only works with FMS.

The website also has in development a wdm version (similar to PPJoy) which creates a virtual joystick using the pc soundcard. It's still a bit buggy but also works with RealFlight G2 if I can only make the throttle and rudder inputs to work. However, the site seems not to be updated anymore.

BTW, has anyone succesfully made a FMS parallel port cable and susccessfully used with PPJoy in WinXP with a 9C Tx?

yeah built one with PPjoy, WinXP and FMS.
    Does G2 accept joystick input too? If it does, then I hsould be abel to use the parallel cable with it!
    F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
    F5D Stratair Demon
    F5D Jibe
    Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
    Voodoo S400
    Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
    La Racer 56

Comment

parallel port interface

With Phibers kind help in lending me his 9C cable i've managed to make 3 already. One for a hitec flash 4, 2 for sanwa rd6000 ( must recofnigure the control axes when using normal flight sims )
      all on win XP.

I have a 9C but havent been bothered to make one for it. It works fine though

Comment

Originally posted by AceViperX
        yeah built one with PPjoy, WinXP and FMS.
        Does G2 accept joystick input too? If it does, then I hsould be abel to use the parallel cable with it!
        Yup, I'm currently using it with my 2-stick rumble pad.

Just found out after a bit of research this morning that the latest PPJoy can also utilize the smartpropo dll to create a virtual joystick.

Will try it out later tonight.
        Last edited by FDC; 23-03-2004, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Haha thats great!
          F5D Stratair Viper Triple Carbon
          F5D Stratair Demon
          F5D Jibe
          Jiri Bachinski Escape Pylon
          Voodoo S400
          Kyosho Phantom 70 Reno racer
          La Racer 56

Comment

Re: parallel port interface

Originally posted by D.Yeo
            With Phibers kind help in lending me his 9C cable i've managed to make 3 already. One for a hitec flash 4, 2 for sanwa rd6000 ( must recofnigure the control axes when using normal flight sims )
            all on win XP.

I have a 9C but havent been bothered to make one for it. It works fine though
            I suppose you are not using the resistor-zener diode parallel port interface as thats what I did. It is not working with the 9C as it seems that the PPM voltage output of the 9C is to low to drive pin 10 of the parallel port. Have to amplify first the signal with a transistor. DId the interface you made use a transistor and a couple of resistors?

Have to start thinking again of PPJoy with the parallel cable. PPJoy + SmartPrpopo dll + pc sound card is not very stable and very slow to react.

SmartPropo + FMS + pc soundcard is working though.

Comment

FDC,

Not so sure abt ur Zener diode version..
              But the parallel one i'm using for my 9C does have a NPN Transitor...
              And u have to turn on the 9C too..
              Juz remove the module if u wan to conserve the battery..

It's the one posted on the FMS website..
              Got it working with FMS and Trueflight..
              But not all axes on the Trueflight as it needs to be registered..

Derrick ah...

We need to find a better plug for the 9C!!
              U got any idea? The 2 pins abit fragile right?
              I broke it once in fact, so ver. 2 is solder re-enforced pin... :P

I think overseas can order the 9C plug..
              I heard it's a futaba propietiary plug..

Comment

Phiber : Hmm i never actually tried the thing with my 9C,got a hitec flash 4 and my old RD6000.... but for the plug we can get it from shs, we just buy a 9C dsc or buddy cable and we can take it from there...

Comment

Working...
                X