Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitec CG-340 charging Ni-Mh Battery

I've got a Hitec-CG340 charger and am trying to charge a GWS 8.4V 750mAh Ni-Mh battery (I think its a 6-cell AA/AAA ?). I follow the instructions with the charger manual and set it to NiMh mode and choose the appropriate charging rate.

The problem is no matter what rate I set it to charge at (0.2A / 0.5A) the battery gets too hot to hold after some time.

Is this normal or do I have a bad charger/battery ?

Any comments anyone?

The manual for the charger can be found here

------------------------
    Up... Up... and AWAY !

The battery I am trying to charge looks like this

------------------------
    Up... Up... and AWAY !

Comment

Hiya, Airtrekker,
      incidentally I've got the same charger too, and i've charged the same pack before too! Besure to switch the black switch all the way to the right for 4-16cell NimH. And be sure to discharge the pack completely before charging again.

Comment

Yup, I've selected the 4-16 cell NiMh setting.

I'm interested to know at what rate do you charge this battery at and does your battery get too hot to hold as well ?

Thanks.

------------------------
        Up... Up... and AWAY !

Comment

It only happens when i dun discharge the pack fully or when i try to do a 'top-up charge'

Do rip off the heatshrink and check all the soldering points. If possible change the connections. The connections are all of high resistence, with little contact area to the surface of the cells.

Comment

Working...
          X