Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good information on heli setup

Guys, i've come across this site and find it pretty informative and should be worth a read for all heli flyers, beginner or expert.

paiseh hijack your thread..
    saw another good site.
    Trex 450.
    Trex 500.
    9CHP.

Comment

zzz..ZZZ

Sorry bro, I guess i am just too lazy to read... if cant i will get someone experience to check and try hovering it... if he can do it mean the heli is ok... the problem is me then..

Butu i just want more info abt the HB...
      sigpicGround is closer than it appear...

Comment

found this and it is very very use full cheak it out.. on page 177 it says ww.daddyhobby.com under useful web pages and forums

Comment

There's already a sticky thread for this in the main helicopter section

Originally posted by Matt
          found this and it is very very use full cheak it out.. on page 177 it says ww.daddyhobby.com under useful web pages and forums

http://www.swashplate.co.uk/ehbg/ehbg-16.pdf

Comment

could anyone inform me of which heli is better honey bee king 2 or belt cp for money because i want to get into 3d

Comment

Just my contribution:

honey bee king 2 set-up

There are total of 7 parts which I found to be a good guide for real beginners like me.

Comment

newbie~

hi guys , im Kin and i`m considered a newbie to heli world . i use to run on & off roads in my early days , old sch guy here . last ran a serpent which was few years ago , i belong to the land jump era lol. anyways i need sound advice bout purchasing my first heli from scrtach . i dun wanna waste money nor time from the novice stuffs though , hows t rex and beam and what propo is suitable and pls pls do advice so i can not burn a hole in my pocket ....
                ~known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~

Comment

Hi Kin,

In this hobby. The pocket always gets burn in some ways but we usually gets burn in one of these 2 ways or both.

1. Bought the wrong equipment and or kit. Regret. Buy again, not good enough. Sell at lost (or dump it in the storeroom), then buy again.

2. Newbies training. Parts change..

Hence, it's always better to start off with the right equipment.

I'll say go for a JR 9XII at least (9DSX Better, 12X even better).
                  Mini-T will be a good heli to start with. As you can always start flying a stock kit and then later either upgrade it to move forward or continue to fly it stock while you get a bigger heli like a Raptor Trex Avant or whatever.

But more importantly. Go with your gut feel.. Hence, if you like the Trex, get a Trex, if you like a Beam. then get a Beam.. If you like both. Get both

Meanwhile, good luck on your search.

Originally posted by kin
                  hi guys , im Kin and i`m considered a newbie to heli world . i use to run on & off roads in my early days , old sch guy here . last ran a serpent which was few years ago , i belong to the land jump era lol. anyways i need sound advice bout purchasing my first heli from scrtach . i dun wanna waste money nor time from the novice stuffs though , hows t rex and beam and what propo is suitable and pls pls do advice so i can not burn a hole in my pocket ....

Comment

Originally posted by kin
                    Since you have been racing RC cars . you should not be consider as a true newbie
                    It is wise not to get the novice equipment so as not to spend twice.
                    Just like you, I did lots of racing at the PA campsite track using a Serpent 1/8 onroad....many years ago
                    The tires alone will burn holes in your pocket.

Switching to model helis is a good choice.
                    I would think that the most critical equipment to start right is the radio and choosing the flight mode.
                    Between the Futaba and JR , both equally good radios.
                    The JR stick travel are more , while the Futaba has less travel. Depending on how you choose to grip the sticks, for tumbs on stick only - get a JR , if you choose to hold with both tumb and forefinger , then a Futaba is more suitable.

The next thing you must decide is which mode do you want to fly with.
                    I would suggest to start with mode 2. It is easier as you progress to 3D flying.

For the heli, get one which is easy to build, repair and tune. I can assure that your first will not be your last heli.

As for me , I use a Futaba 12FGH ( Started off with a 9CP )
                    Flying mode 1
                    Flying both Nitro and EP.

Cheers and welcome to the heli flying club.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X