Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the different?

hi guys whats the different between HDE trx 450xl and CDE trex 450xl? which is better for starter like me?

and ccpm too i don have any idea what do they mean...pls help thanks

Comment

different spelling..

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
        different spelling..

f

Comment

come on guys be serious or i will at least not 100% sure i think one is mechanical and one isn't

Comment

HDE and CDE are identical in term of size etc. The difference is the control parts on the swash. HDE uses more linkages and one servo for each movement (Cyclic n pitch control) Where CDE uses 3 servo to move at the same time for all the movement.

Some Said CDE is not a True eCCPM as its still has some linkages. As for which one to chose, well it depends on individual and both has it own pros and cons.CDE needs a digital Tx which can configure for CCPM. IMO, HDE is easier to setup as all are mechanical and CDE is more of electronics.

Maybe someone who has owned both type of trex can comment more.

Comment

HDE vs CDE

Hi black_dice,

If you do a search, there are many posts on the web discussing about HDE vs CDE which you can learn from. In anycase, I just like to share with you my personal opinion of which, a lot I have learned from none other than ‘Super-Hornet’ who speaks on this subject with authority.

Anyway here it goes:

Based on the Trex 450 XL stock configuration, I think there should not be any significant different in flying characteristics between HDE or CDE. As what SH rightly mentioned before, the stock CDE are not true CCPM as it consist of too many linkage from servo to the swashplate. In fact both stock HDE or CDE do not use direct servo linkage to the swashplate but they rely on several levers which causes slops and somewhat makes them less responsive to stick movement.

Between the HDE and the CDE, the real difference is in the set up. For beginner, you will find the HDE easier to setup as it is basically uses mechanical mixing with each servo is assigned to each specific function (Pitch, Elevator, Aileron).

However for CDE you will require a Transmitter with CCPM mixing functions. Also the setup is a little more complicated as you will need to ensure that all three servos move exactly the same proportion. Since all 3 servo are not identical, CCPM interaction will result which need to be minimized. There are video clips on the web to guide you on how to reduce CCPM interactions but it will be difficult (and not necessary) to completely eliminate them.

Whether you chose HDE or CDE, the consolation is that you can easily buy a conversion kit if you later change you mind.

If you prefer, you can opt for the SE version which features direct servo linkage to swashplate (min linkages and therefore lesser slop and more responsive).

In my case, I started with the Trex 450XL CDE version and subsequently upgrade to STK superframe from Helidirect. Since I was already using the stock CDE, I do not need to change the swashplate during the upgrade.

However, for the SE version or the STK frame which features direct servo links, there is one drawback. In the even of a crash, the chances of stripping servo gears is much higher.

Hope ThIs HelPs

Originally posted by black_dice
              hi guys whats the different between HDE trx 450xl and CDE trex 450xl? which is better for starter like me?
              Heli
              Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
              Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
              Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
              Buggy
              Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
              Charger : Tahmazo T15
              Balancer : TP205
              Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Working...
              X