Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X400 converted to CCPM

just converted my ark x400 to CCPM
    it came with the red metal swash also. this would have to be the best upgrade i have done. my heli is very stable and its all ball links now. here are some pics

one more pic

Comment

Comment

Hey Matt, finally saw your birdie....cool....

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
          just converted my ark x400 to CCPM
          it came with the red metal swash also. this would have to be the best upgrade i have done. my heli is very stable and its all ball links now. here are some pics
          Hi Matt,

One question. Why you wanna convert it to the 120 degree ccpm , instead of stock? whats the difference between the two. I have the Walkera DF 60 with the swash likes yours and thats why I`m asking.

Btw, I also had the main blade like yours. Felt kinda soft and tends to bend pretty much at high rpm. I was wondering is it good with that kind of effect, as I felt that the stock Walkera blade has more thrust cos it`s harder, but also brittle and breaks easily.

Comment

Instead of changing swash plate to 120Degree to go eCCPM, u can actually go for 90Degree eCCPM. I done that before on my TRex and the cyclics are better than 120Degree eCCPM. Furthermore, u can use back your old swash plate.

SH

Comment

i converted it because i had alot of z bends and they were all loose and that caused my heli to become unstable. another reason is my heli was really heavey around 700g without batt, and now its only 600g the ccpm saves 50g and i also changed my motor and receiver. finaly its all ball links and there is no play anywhere and very solid seems to hover very stable with little tx inputs.

as for the blades there the only one which fit my heli cause i havent upgraded to longer tail boom yet that will be my next upgrade with the 315 or 325 baldes. they seem to work maily because im not into 3d yet thats still to come i run mine at about 3000rpm which is very very high and im only ment to go around 2400 and 2800 for this kind of heli. (this was using the calculator with pinion size,batt.....)

super hornet im not quite sure what you mean. you must show me today and bishan.

Comment

Well, eCCPM is 120Degree apart...if u look at the swash plate. In 90Degree eCCPM, the swash plate is 90Degree apart. Just like normal mCCPM.

The different is that, instead of using 3 servos (in 120Degree), it uses 4 servos instead. But it also work with 3 servos also.

What it does is similar to 120D except u have 1 more servo and each servo control each swash plate linkages.

SH

Comment

ah i got you know im just going to stick to 120deg

Comment

Oh... for 90Degree eCCPM, u require 1 more channel for that servo. I can't remember but I think for Futaba 9CHP, the swash plate setting is "SWH4"

Last time I did 90D eCCPM, i uses onboard mixer to achieve 90Degree eCCPM using only 5 Channels (that is, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6)

Here is my old post using onboard mixer:

SH

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                      Oh... for 90Degree eCCPM, u require 1 more channel for that servo. I can't remember but I think for Futaba 9CHP, the swash plate setting is "SWH4"

Last time I did 90D eCCPM, i uses onboard mixer to achieve 90Degree eCCPM using only 5 Channels (that is, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6)

Here is my old post using onboard mixer:

SH
                      Super-Hornet

If I`m not wrong the Ark 400 originally uses the 90 degree swash, but only utilise 3 servos for it as the pitch servos has the seesaw arm operation. Pls correct me if I`m wrong Matt! What about the Trex heli, how many servos needed for the 90D swash type? Can Optic 6 operate them smoothly?

Comment

yes the pitch controls the seesaw arm for the original frame and only uses 3 servos for the head

Comment

For 90D eCCPM, the standard servos is 4 for cyclics. The good thing is that when anyone of those servo dead (but no binding or blocking), the heli still can fly. That mean, if u really want to cut down the servo, 3 servos also can.

SH

Comment

Working...
                          X