Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need assistance. Tail spin when full throttle.

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need assistance. Tail spin when full throttle.

Hi guys,

Would like some assistance in helping solving this prob. When I half throttled and have the heli lift off, it was fine, but when I gave more throttle, the tail spinned, it's like suddenly the gyro switched off. I can't seem to set the gyro right. Mine is PG-03 gyro with brushed motor and gws ipc tail motor. Can someone point me out what's wrong with it? Is it the settings on my TX? I'm on Optic 6.

cheers!

nixaad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PG-03 is an non heading hold gyro. U did not provide information about what heli u using and whether are u running in separate avionics configuration.

If u running separate avionics, u need to enable Revo Mixing.

SH

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply, in my haste, I forgot to list the spec. I'm flying a Colco (similar to GWS Dragonfly). Below are the details;

Colco Heli
      Main Motor - brush stock motor
      Tail Motor - IPS GWS motor with GWS tail fin
      ESCs both main/tail using 30Amp ESC
      Gyro - PG03
      TX-Optic 6

My Revo mixing at 65% (low throtlle) 10% ( full throttle)

cheers
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Confirm your PG-03 direction is correct first. If yes, then try to tweak around your Revo Mixing value. Everyone's Revo Mixing value may not be the same.

SH

Comment

I do not use Optic 6 before but your Revo Mixing percentage low and high throttle is abit weird. If I'm not wrong, is should be proportion to your throttle. That is, the low throttle should have low percent and high throttle should have high percent.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by nixaad
            Thank you for your quick reply, in my haste, I forgot to list the spec. I'm flying a Colco (similar to GWS Dragonfly). Below are the details;

Colco Heli
            Main Motor - brush stock motor
            Tail Motor - IPS GWS motor with GWS tail fin
            ESCs both main/tail using 30Amp ESC
            Gyro - PG03
            TX-Optic 6

My Revo mixing at 65% (low throtlle) 10% ( full throttle)

cheers
            how come mix at low throttle is higher than full throttle? inversely proportionate? issit? sorry for my stupid question. never use revo mix before.
            tried it without sucess with my CP2. went HH instead.
            Guys.. I can't do 3D. So if you see me flying inverted, I'm in trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
              I do not use Optic 6 before but your Revo Mixing percentage low and high throttle is abit weird. If I'm not wrong, is should be proportion to your throttle. That is, the low throttle should have low percent and high throttle should have high percent.

SH

Ok noted, will do necessary tweak, I'll try the gyro direction then the Revo Mixing. Thank you SH. I'll keep u posted.
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

No problems lah brother !

....just bring it down to the Fri nite @ Ponggul FP heli clinic session this Friday !
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet

SH
                  He is running with a motor driven tail and not a belt/shaft driven tail !

If the tail motor is new/powerful then his Revo mix High should be low percent but if his tail motor is worn out/weak, he'll need alot of High revo mix !

....With a motor driven tail, you'll spend alot of time tuning the tail until the motor dies ! ....cannot run away one !

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                    He is running with a motor driven tail and not a belt/shaft driven tail !

If the tail motor is new/powerful then his Revo mix High should be low percent but if his tail motor is worn out/weak, he'll need alot of High revo mix !

....With a motor driven tail, you'll spend alot of time tuning the tail until the motor dies ! ....cannot run away one !
                    Wah.. thanks for the reassuarance dude.. I'll prepare some motor cleaner, ciggy and a lighter to help you.... light up?
                    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

screwed... my tail motor burnt. tried everything till motor burnt...
                      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by nixaad
                        Wah.. thanks for the reassuarance dude.. I'll prepare some motor cleaner, ciggy and a lighter to help you.... light up?
                        ....No thanks ! ....I'll pass ! ....Dun wanna be Jake II !

Come down tomorrow (Fri nite at Ponggul) lah ! ...bring your heli, We'll help you fix it up !

Comment

Come down tomorrow (Fri nite at Ponggul) lah ! ...bring your heli, We'll help you fix it up !
                          Hi Ghostfit,
                          You want to states a contingency plan, incase our place (blk 127) kana taken by the dancing girls again?

Comment

Originally posted by hdellk
                            Hi Ghostfit,
                            You want to states a contingency plan, incase our place (blk 127) kana taken by the dancing girls again?
                            No need lah ! ....if the aunties and uncles take over, we just proceed to plan B (MSCP - Top level) ....and bribe the lazy uncles sitting around to inform whoever shows up with heli in hand to go to site B lor !

Comment

I'll try, by the way, I've converted it to sub micro already. forget to include this. But it was like that since I last change to brushless, now i changed to brush hopping it will be ok but heck... later go rotor buy tail motor. You have spares for tail motor should I come tomorrow?
                              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X