Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superframe STK (Trex)

HI guys,

Anyone of you using this frame for your Trex...

I am thinking of getting this fame..

What do you think.. any comment will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks...
    Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
    Avant Aurora (E1)
    Avant Aurora (E2)
    Mcp X
    GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS
    JR RS77s 72MHz synthesizer $100
    will give the buyer 2 unit of electron 6 with 72.810 pin free

STK Superframe from HeliDirect

Hi remotemadeness,

I have made started athread recently on my STK Superframe. Like this frame very much and the part cost are also very reasonable. Great choice in my view.

Check out this thread:

hOpE ThIs HelPs

Originally posted by remotemadness
    HI guys,

Anyone of you using this frame for your Trex...

I am thinking of getting this fame..

What do you think.. any comment will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks...
    Heli
    Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
    Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
    Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
    Buggy
    Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
    Charger : Tahmazo T15
    Balancer : TP205
    Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

hi W_kby,

thks bro.. sorry i didn't do a search..

so hows the frame so far... you still flying with this frame...

any other problem you face beside those you mention in the other tread..

thks
      Life is not the amount of breath you take, it's the moment that take your breath away
      Avant Aurora (E1)
      Avant Aurora (E2)
      Mcp X
      GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

the front part of the bottom plate broke off after a crash..now having problems securing the canopy..

probably may not be as lasting as the se frame, but in terms of accessibility, its a great frame.

Comment

How high was the crash? How hard was the fall? I am surprise because I have seen kam crash this frame several times from maybe say 10th floor and still good.

Not sure which part you are refering to? If its the battery tray or the side panel, I have a spare. Please PM me.

Originally posted by awesome
          the front part of the bottom plate broke off after a crash..now having problems securing the canopy..

probably may not be as lasting as the se frame, but in terms of accessibility, its a great frame.
          Heli
          Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane

Buggy

Comment

hey.. sorry to hear about your crash awesome..

I suppose this is the other thing to think about.. how easy is replacement when one crash...

now I'm having second thoughts about this upgarde...
            Avant Aurora (E1)
            Avant Aurora (E2)
            Mcp X
            GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

its not too bad. it is easy to tune as all 3 servo links are exactly the same length. with the se, the diff lengths of the 3 servo links made it hard to judge if the servo arms are all level or the links are not adjusted correctly, causing the swash not to be level.
              With the super frame, adjusting the sub trim of the servo will level the swash; dont hv to worry about the links.
              Watch out for the QC though, I built one, ended up the main shaft is tilted to port. Dont know if the side frames or the main bearing holders are to be blamed.
              U will not get the type of QC problem with the SE frame

Comment

U will not get THIS type of QC problem with the SE frame
                sorry! typo.

Comment

Originally posted by sbc
                  its not too bad. it is easy to tune as all 3 servo links are exactly the same length. with the se, the diff lengths of the 3 servo links made it hard to judge if the servo arms are all level or the links are not adjusted correctly, causing the swash not to be level.
                  With the super frame, adjusting the sub trim of the servo will level the swash; dont hv to worry about the links.
                  Watch out for the QC though, I built one, ended up the main shaft is tilted to port. Dont know if the side frames or the main bearing holders are to be blamed.
                  U will not get the type of QC problem with the SE frame

thks bro...

i suppose.. like the cantonese say "one cent is only worth one cent of product"..

Avant Aurora (E1)
                  Avant Aurora (E2)
                  Mcp X
                  GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

Just my view!

I think you are jumping to conclusion with your 'one cent' remark.

It's hard to judge a frame from one bad crash, I suppose there are also plenty of bad crash experiences with other frame. You will have to appreciate the geometric beauty of the design coupled with the ease of repair and setup. Parts are relatively cheap if you compare with some other frames.

Only drawback is the long distant order and shipping cost. However HeliDirect's delivery lead time is quite fast (about 1 week). Also, need to keep more spares to optimise the delivery charges.

I do not have QC problem on my STK frame, so can't comment.

Hope to hear from more STK owner their experience so that you can establish a fair judgement for this SuperFrame.

As for me, 'It's A Great SuperFrame'.

Originally posted by remotemadness
                    thks bro...i suppose.. like the cantonese say "one cent is only worth one cent of product"..

Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
                      I think you are jumping to conclusion with your 'one cent' remark.

It's hard to judge a frame from one bad crash, I suppose there are also plenty of bad crash experiences with other frame. You will have to appreciate the geometric beauty of the design coupled with the ease of repair and setup. Parts are relatively cheap if you compare with some other frames.

Only drawback is the long distant order and shipping cost. However HeliDirect's delivery lead time is quite fast (about 1 week). Also, need to keep more spares to optimise the delivery charges.

I do not have QC problem on my STK frame, so can't comment.

Hope to hear from more STK owner their experience so that you can establish a fair judgement for this SuperFrame.

As for me, 'It's A Great SuperFrame'.
                      Yes I suppose you are right about jumping to conclusion..

actually the thing that draw me to this frame was the fact that servo is directly driving the swash.. ( and also the one cent price tag)

If we could consolidate all STK frame user.. We could do mass order.. this way we will all cut the one cent further...

Calling all STK owner...
                      Avant Aurora (E1)
                      Avant Aurora (E2)
                      Mcp X
                      GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

the frame is now only USD65.. its getting interesting liao
                        Guys.. I can't do 3D. So if you see me flying inverted, I'm in trouble...

Comment

Stk V2

hi guys,

just wondering anybody using the STK V2..

any major diff between the 2 version... ( beside not able to use stock swash??) why can't they make it to fit..

To the naked eye they look the same..

thks again..

cheers..
                          Avant Aurora (E1)
                          Avant Aurora (E2)
                          Mcp X
                          GAUI X5

LOGO 550SX

WTS

Comment

Working...
                          X